By Anchor FM Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Make cool audio on your phone. Share it wherever you want.
Anchor lets you record or capture ANY audio, right from your phone. It’s the easiest way to make a podcast or radio show, ever. No experience necessary (and it’s 100% free).
--- CREATE AUDIO ---
* Voice: Record yourself, your friends, or anything you can hear, and broadcast the audio in seconds. (You can even record by holding your phone up to your ear, just like talking on the telephone.)
* Music: Share any song you want, thanks to our integrations with Apple Music and Spotify.
* Record With Friends: Capture high-quality recordings with up to 7 people, wherever they might be in the world.
* Call Ins: Listeners can call in to your station at any time. If you like what they have to say, you can add it to your station for everyone to hear!
* Interludes & background tracks: Enhance your audio with a ton of different sound effects and tunes. (This is the part that’ll make you go, “Wow, I made this on my phone and it sounds like a ~real~ podcast!”)
* Make a podcast: Turn your Anchor audio into a podcast with one touch. It'll automatically sync to Apple Podcasts and all your other favorite platforms. Really.
* Share anywhere: Easily share your audio to Twitter, Facebook, or anywhere else. Embed it on your website or in a blog post. You can also share your audio as automatically transcribed, beautifully animated videos!
--- LISTEN TO AUDIO ---
* Personalized audio: Anchor's News Rundown will greet you with your own name, your local weather, and other handy information and fun facts any time you start listening.
* Daily audio summaries: Get caught up on everything you missed (news, sports, entertainment, video games, and more). Thanks to Anchor’s bite-sized stories format, your favorite stations will be the perfect fit for your daily commute. Anchor is simply the best way to listen to daily podcasts.
* Interact with shows: Call in for a chance to be featured on any station in Anchor. You can also applaud your favorite parts, or even add text-based comments to a specific segment!
* Listen anywhere: Anchor stations can be heard in our free mobile apps, on the web in any desktop/tablet/mobile browser, in your car, or from your smart speakers.
--- AS SEEN IN ---
* Apple’s keynote at the 2017 Worldwide Developer’s Conference (WWDC)!
* The New York Times
* The Verge
* Business Insider
* The Boston Globe
* Paste Magazine
* The Next Web
* LOTS MORE!
What's New in Version 2.16.0
Many small bug fixes and improvements. If you're enjoying using Anchor, please leave us a nice review. It really helps!
My latest download, thanks to Gary Vee. Started recording today, but recorder kept cutting off after 3 mins or so. Is there a solution? I’m loving the app, but the time limit is no good. Please advise. I’ve already cleared some storage as well.
My advice get in early this app is gonna be big!
My criticisms are the 5 minute recording times and no ability to edit podcast but for beginners and those with hectic schedules it is a great platform
Was good, but now frustrating.
I use Anchor to host my podcast and once was over the moon with it. After the recent updates, I can’t utilize the function to interview more than one person. The podcast ends at random without me ending it. And it’s just flipping frustrating. I will say the sound quality is now better. But overall, this app has become a bust.