Ancient Battle: Hannibal is the newest edition to the Ancient Battles series. Experience the magnificence of the Punic Wars, as you follow Hannibal on his crucial campaign against Rome. Based upon, and a major upgrade to, the game system developed for Ancient Battle: Rome, a game that was the No.1 strategy game on the App Store in 8 different countries. Ancient Battle: Hannibal introduces many new game features including multi-level hills to elevate your strategic opportunities when commanding vast armies.
Fight the battles of the Second Punic War between Carthage and Rome. Each campaign is themed around battles between Hannibal's armies and their cunning opponents in the four geographical regions of Italy, Spain, Sicily and Africa. Hannibal's inspired tactics and leadership made him one of Rome's most dangerous enemies and possibly the greatest general of all time. Can you match his achievements on the battlefield?
Key Game Features:
- High Definition Ancient Era Graphics.
- 7 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign ending with a unique skirmish battle.
- 4 Mission 'Sicily' campaign, featuring battles from the First Punic War, including the battle of Bagradas.
- 8 Mission 'Italy' campaign featuring the decisive battles of Lake Trasimene and Cannae.
- The 'Africa' and 'Spain' campaigns are available via in-app purchase.
- All missions, except the tutorial, can be played as both sides.
- 38 Unique Ancient units including Roman Hastati, Spanish Scutarii, Bolt Throwers and Elephants.
- Four classes of infantry: Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
- Detailed Combat Analysis.
- Flank Attacks
- Strategic Movement.
- Hours of Gameplay.
- Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
- iCloud Saves (also compatible with the OSX version of the game).
- Map Zoom.
Purchasable Extra Content:
- 4 Mission 'Africa' campaign, featuring Hannibal's major defeat at the great battle of ‘Zama’.
- 6 Mission 'Spain' campaign, ending the with battle of Ilipa.
Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/huntedcow
Follow us on Twitter - @HuntedCow
Game Forum - forums.huntedcow.com/hexwar
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
© 2014 HexWar Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.
Fix: Could crash while loading on iPhone Xr.
Change: iPhone and iPad: Major improvement to the map zoom feature (use two finger pinch to zoom in/out).
Changed: iPhone and iPad: The game is now optimised to used all the available screen space at the best screen resolution for each device.
- One some newer devices the game image was stretched.
- On some newer devices the game had a black border.
Change: Game performance is much faster and graphical execution smoother.
Add: The ability to unlock all scenarios in the settings menu.
Add: A Change speed option in settings. This has three options standard, slow and fast which effects how fast the game plays.
Ratings and Reviews
Good basic game
Graphics could be better. Good play with combining cavalry tactics and infantry assaults. Wish cavalry skirmishes could launch javelins and then move not just move and throw but throw and then move
Great little strategy war game
There used to be a PC game called Great Battles of Hannibal that I loved. This is that game reengineered on iPhone.
Great idea, needs work
This game gets very frustrating. You start off being able to move your units basically to the other side of the map, but later in each level it only lets you move each unit 1 or 2 spaces at a time. Seems like a pointless restriction to me. Was there a limit to how far units could move when these battles actually took place? The worst part might be that while you may only move a few spaces, the enemy is able to move seemingly wherever they want. Conclusion? Once your troops get to a certain point on the map they are doomed. I've obviously only had the game a day so I'm still figuring it out, but it's also frustrating when trying to destroy camps, you clear all enemies but every single time without fail more enemies spawn which is extremely annoying because normally you have to destroy the camps in a certain number of turns or restart the level. How do I get to the camps if endless enemies spawn in front?? O.o also, a more descriptive tutorial would help, i.e actually talking about other things than troop type like basic game mechanics? Maybe explain why each troop is only allowed to move a certain number of spaces, because honestly I'm clueless on that. It's not possible mathematically to destroy a camp 30 tiles away in under 14 turns while only being allowed to move 1 or 2 spaces and killing enemies at the same time.
- Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
- 646.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Spain Campaign $1.99
- Africa Campaign $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.