The app allows full Pandora experience on your Macintosh – you can log in or create an account if you don't have one. The app downloads all your stations and the search allows to create new ones. You can like, ban or temporarily ban each song, so the radio you're listening to is even more personalised.
Last.fm (requires Anesidora Pro)
Anesidora has a built-in Last.fm scrobbler, so each song is saved on Last.fm.
Want to share a song, but your friend uses either Spotify or Apple Music? No problem – Anesidora will try to find a link to the song and copy it.
The app automatically applies a proxy if needed.
Have your own proxy? No problem – you can change it in the app preferences.
Hotkeys (requires Anesidora Pro)
Anesidora supports multimedia keys on your Mac and offers customizable global hotkeys for liking, banning a song and bringing the app to front.
Anesidora remembers up to 60 songs, so you can like or ban a song even if you haven’t earlier. You can also create a new station based on a track from the list.
- New menubar icon
- New keyboard shortcuts – change track, play/pause, search for lyrics (requires Pandora Pro)
- Redesigned Preferences
- Support for macOS Mojave
- New "Light mode" (requires Pandora Pro)
- Minor improvements on streaming reliability (I know that some of you have problems – still working on it)
- You can keep the player window always on top
Ratings and Reviews
I almost overlooked this app due to it’s name. It didn’t jump out at me as something I was looking for (showed up in my search for “Pandora”). It was easy to commit to though, because it was free.
Rejoyce! We finally have a beautiful and modern app for listening to Pandora without managing YAT (yet another tab) in our browsers (you know you have hundreds already).
Updated Review: September 25th 2018, 5 stars
1. Menu-bar icon looks good! I clicked around in the new settings and now it’s in "light mode", even though my app is in dark-mode. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2. Fullscreen floating! Works! Thank you!
Nice work man. Thanks for writing this app.
Original Review: August 6th 2018, 4 stars
1. The menu-bar icon is ugly… and I don’t get it what the “n” stands for. The app icon is beautiful… use something like that! (Improve, and I’ll update my rating)
2. Float over windows. I use fullscreen a lot. I don’t want to be zipped off to my desktop when I click the menu-bar icon to change tunes. Also, maybe have a drop-down off the menu-bar icon for quick functions like next song etc. Check out the “Hermes” app for ideas.
Otherwise, amazing. I purchased.
Thank you, Adam.
Developer Response ,
"I clicked around in the new settings and now it’s in "light mode", even though my app is in dark-mode."
Do you have "always use system appearance" selected? On macOS High Sierra it will force dark mode, on macOS Mojave it will use appropiate system appearance :)
Finally, a NEW Pandora app
Been waiting for a good (and not outdated) Pandora app for Mac for quite a while. Tried the free version and was pleased, so I decided just to buy it. Beautiful interface, notification support, simple settings, and clean icon. Only issues are lack of media play/pause key support and slightly high energy usage. Also would be nice if "bring player to front" hotkey also hid the player.
Update: Thanks for the response! The hotkey issue may be due to me running beta 1 of Mojave, but the issue does occur with no other media-playing sources in the background. Works with other apps though...strange. Looking forward to the hotkey adjustment as well!
Developer Response ,
Hey! Thank you very, very much for the review :)
1) Media keys. They are supported, but on High Sierra other app can override control (for example Safari with youtube opened).
2) High energy usage. It's especially high if you have the History pane opened (because of the "now playing" animation), but it will be reduced if you close/hide the window) :)
3) Cool idea! Expect it with the next release :)
Wow, this is seriously incredible work. Way better than Pandora’s own apps. It’s actually pretty shameful that one guy was able to put together a better Pandora app in his spare time than the entire Pandora engineering team. Just wish you had support for Pandora Premium!
Developer Response ,
Hey! Thank you for review :) Tell me more about Pandora Premium and what you expect – firstname.lastname@example.org :)
- Adam Rozynski
- 6.7 MB
- macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2018, Adam Różyński
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.