The American Angus Association® brings you an efficient, state of the art cattle management app which is fully automated, integrated and has real-time tracking and recording of your cattle whether you own Angus or not. It is the digital entry into the realm of commercial cattle management for farmers, ranchers and business owners for hassle free record-keeping.
The Angus Black Book is a one window solution where the farm/ranch owners can manage, monitor, record and analyze their cattle and livestock operation along with those who are involved in the day to day operations and play a pivotal role in the efficiency of the operation.
Automation and integration plays an important role in the success of this application from scheduling, reminders, putting cattle into management groups, record keeping for calving, breeding, health, weaning, pasture movement and many other features are fully automated and saves the time of application users.
The Association is delivering cattle producers a revolutionary digital solution to record information about your ranch. Plus, it can aid producers who wish to enroll in value-added programs such as AngusSource® and/or Angus Link while allowing multiple people on the operation who are involved in to day to day activities the ability to use this cloud based application to facilitate enhanced cattle record-keeping alongside the owner.
• A user friendly interface for Ranch/Farm owners and workers.
• Interactive dashboard showing the snapshot of ranch operations.
• Helps record calving, weaning, natural & AI breeding, pasture movement, health, disposal codes and many other common activities.
• Comprehensive record management with history.
• Real-time operation management & activities for ranch owners and other workers.
• Task management & reminders integrated with calendar.
• Import multiple groups of cattle via the web portal.
• Centralized cattle management and record keeping.
• Use groups to accurately identify and manage cattle lots.
• Offline Capability – Full support for offline usage.
• Multi-tasking availability - Perform multiple activities on the go.
• Trace individual cattle history timeline from its profile.
• Integrations – Can be linked with Bluetooth EID tag reader.
• Search the American Angus Association EPD database for up-to-date data.
How it Works:
• You can easily sign up as a ranch or farm owner and add workers via an email invite or signup link.
• After sign up, you can create a farm or ranch by filling out the required information.
• Add cattle, either individually or in groups.
• Search the most up-to-date EPDs on the American Angus Association Database to make the best breeding decisions for your herd.
• Add users to perform assigned activities, view the calendar or set up reminders. Users can have as much or the least amount of access to your information
• The Angus Black Book app enables you to add multiple pastures and record pasture management information on each individual animal.
• Angus Black Book app automates cattle record keeping and ranch management for commercial users; making it easier to better manage their operations.
• The Angus Black Book app enables you to manage calving, weaning, breeding, and health processes by making it easier and faster to track specific groups or an individual animal.
Ratings and Reviews
I thought this would be the perfect app to help me track herd records in the field and at home. Sounds great but I cant even get past the sign up. Able to enter all the info for the ranch and when you “add” the ranch all it does is spin and never adds the info to get past sign up! Very disappointed.
Also if I can ever get to use this app I would love a print option as I need to have paper copies of my records if not available already. Would love a response to this issue.
Too Many Bugs
I wanted to like this app so bad. It seems much easier than Cattle max.
My phone app won’t synch at all. The desktop version upload cattle from the worksheet but won’t let me edit cattle at all. So I can’t use the features it’s gives you.
Literally spent so much time adding things and now my phone says I have 0 cows I have deleted and reinstalled twice. Also I’m the co owner of the ranch and now my husbands log in isn’t working even though it says he’s active.
If you add an “operation” like vaccines it won’t let you edit what you have done.
It will probably be an awesome app when the glitches are worked out.
I tried to download this app and just like the previous post by others I can’t get past the initial setup it just spins and spins.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.