Draw you frame-to-frame animation from scratch, or create animations upon videos, images, PSD layers. Animation Desk supports multiple import and export formats, and lets you create and share animations right on your iPad and iPhone.
* The stage is yours - iAniMagic Animation Contest calling for entries. Find out more information in the app *
- Featured in Top100 iPad Entertainment apps in 86 App Stores
- Featured by Apple on iTunes Home Page
- Featured by Yahoo Tech
- Featured by TechCrunch
- Recommended by edshelf, EducationalAppStore.com, All about apps in YOUR classroom, iPad Educators
DRAW YOUR FRAME-TO-FRAME ANIMATION
• 46+ brushes
• Import video and photo to your animations
• Rotoscoping supported - transform your videos into line drawings
• Colored onion skinning (iPad only)
• Copy and paste tool (iPad only)
CREATE ANIMATIONS LIKE A PRO
• Combine multiple animation sequence into an animatic storyboard (iPad only)
• PSD layer compatible, export animation frames as PSD layers or import any PSD files to your animation project
• Advance frame manager: tag and make annotation on each frame (iPad only)
• Customizable shortcut bar (iPad only)
• Add music to your animations
• set up any FPS (frame per second) as your like
• Play animation backward
• Replay your animation in loops
• MOV video, GIF, PSD layers
• PDF storyboard
• Animatic storyboard (iPad only)
• Export video in 16:9 and 3:4 screen ratio
• Share animations on AniZone, a community for creative artists.
- Enhanced for iPad Pro
- Perfect with Apple Pencil, Wacom and Adonit styli
- Import your animation projects to Write-on Video Cloud for post-production, add subtitles, captions, transition effects and audio to enhance your animation works
* Premium features available with Creativity 365 or Animation Desk Pro subscription
- Kdan Cloud: includes 500GB Kdan Cloud Storage
- Animation Desk Pro: includes advanced features in Animation Desk and 500GB Kdan Cloud storage.
- Creativity 365: unlock all features in Animation Desk and Kdan Creativity 365 app series, plus 1TB Kdan Cloud Storage. Free trial available.
Subscriptions will be charged through your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase. Your subscriptions will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of current subscription period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hour prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription price. You may manage your subscriptions in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Terms of service: https://auth.kdanmobile.com/articles/terms_of_service
CAN WE GIVE A HAND?
Got a question? Contact us at email@example.com or check out http://support.kdanmobile.com
Minor bug fixes
Wacom SDK updated
Fixed the problem with the photo library import
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, but difficult to use frequently
After some welcome fixes to a bug that deleted many images in my animations, there are just some big workflow issues remaining. If you make a lot of sequences, the only way to specific ones is to scroll through them. For some reason, the oldest ones are in the front. Since I make animations every day, this takes several minutes of flipping every time I open a newer animation. I do pay for their cloud services, but it takes too long to upload each one. Since the app crashes regularly on my iPad Pro, it’s especially annoying to have to re-open the app and then, again, spend several minutes finding the one I was working one. Also, you can’t make a simple loop. If you want three frames to loop, say, 4 times, you would have to copy each of those frames and then drag all 12 frames into order, one by one. Both of these problems are unnecessarily time-consuming.
Hi there, thank you for the suggestions. Can you tell us what happened when you tried importing photos? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to look into it further. Please include your Kdan ID (if you have one), the app and operating system version you are using, and a description of the problem. Many thanks.
So far I love this app! It works just as it should, except for some reason on my iPad Air 2 I have a different version from what is shown in the AppStore. I’m not sure if this is because of the version of my iPad is old or what but it’s a bit disappointing. I think it would be so helpful to have a setting to sketch and have the ability to copy and paste it on a different piece of paper so that I can create my animated characters without having to redraw it all. This also would be easier to do if I was able to flip my drawings, like the eyes so that I don’t have to draw the eyes two different ways while trying to keep it all even which I struggle with. It occasionally lags but it’s the least of my concerns at this point. I would love it if you would take into consideration my ideas and help out us character animators.
Thank you for your detailed review and feedback. We are so glad that you like the app and we've also noted down your suggestions. We appreciate your support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com and we'd be more than happy to help. Happy Animating!
Great app, with a few issues
First off this is an amazing app! It makes animation fun and simple, but there are a few problems. There is a limit to how far you can zoom in which is frustrating when you are doing detail work and I would like to see more brushes and effects. I understand that there are probably better drawing setups in the more costly versions of the app but I would still like to see a little bit better system on this one. It took me days to figure out some of the basic features of the app, such as how to copy frames or how to change FPS. Some people would delete the app after this kind of difficulty so you are losing customers. A more detailed tutorial would fix this problem. For those of you struggling with the app, just fiddle around with it for long enough and you’ll figure it out.
Hello, thank you for the suggestions and the positive feedback. I will report the suggestions on the zoom-in function, brushes, user guideline to the team. Thank you for suggestions, we really appreciated it.
- Kdan Mobile Software LTD
- 171.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2018 Kdan Mobile Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Creativity 365 $9.99
- Creativity 365 $19.99
- Creativity 365 $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.