Animation & Drawing by Do Ink
By DK Pictures, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Featured – App Store Essentials: Painting & Drawing ***
*** Featured – App Store: Middle School Apps - Art ***
*** Editor's Choice Award – Children's Technology Review ***
"Probably the best animation iPad app we have had the pleasure of using. Like all the best iPad apps, its simplicity is a key strength. Regardless of your skill level DoInk, with its powerful vector tools, key framing and bezier curve editing should keep you entertained for some time to come." – iPadCreative
"… an easy-to-use, fairly powerful… vector based animation experience for the iPad...If you like to introduce a child to the principles of animation, this app is definitely worth the download." – Children's Technology Review
"… incredible app that brings sophisticated graphic arts tools to any child, anywhere." –Teachers with Apps
"one of those amazing apps that really gets the wheels in their brains turning as they try to master this powerful animating tool… for a movie… or presentation at school-be it science or history – Mindleap Tech
Key Features & Benefits:
• easy-to-use, yet powerful vector drawing tools
• simple enough for doodlers, with advanced features for skilled artists
• flipbook-style animating – great for beginning animators
• keyframe animating – graduate to powerful animation techniques
• drag your finger to create motions paths – easy to make sophisticated animations
• make H.264 movies & PNG images – view on your iPad or save to the camera roll
• extensive collection of reusable art "props" (static and animated)
• extensive documentation embedded in the app
• create frame-by-frame animations or single-frame vector artwork
• powerful vector-based drawing tools, with automatic curve smoothing
• paint brush, pen, pencil, and fill tools for freehand drawing
• geometric shape tools (rectangles, ellipses, polygons, stars, flower shapes)
• transform/scale/rotate/arrange tools
• advanced bezier shape editing
• custom color palette
• gradients colors
• drawing layers
• rotoscoping: draw or trace over images and videos
• grouped shapes
• two-finger pan and zoom for precise drawing
• frame "ghosting"
• snap-to-grid, snap-to-paths, snap-to-points
• drag & drop your drawings to place on canvas
• easy-to-use key-framing for timing, position, rotation and scale
• intuitive timeline (similar to iMovie or GarageBand)
• nest compositions within compositions for complex animation effects
• adjustable frame rates, up to 30 fps
• animations rendered in H.264 on your iPad
• drawings rendered to PNG format
• save to the Camera Roll for easy sharing to YouTube, e-mail, etc.
• Support for HD (16 x 9), standard definition (4 x 3), and square (1 x 1) aspect ratios
Created by the team behind www.doink.com, an animation site of 400,000 users worldwide who created 2 million pieces of art, the Green Screen by DoInk app, featured in iTunes as a "Best New App in Education" and Doink Express app for creating animated clips using photos, drawings, art "props", animations and sound.
Please send any suggestions and/or feedback to email@example.com
Art by Priscilla Alpaugh Cotter http://www.priscillaalpaugh.com
What's New in Version 4.4.2
• Bug fixes and support for iOS 10.
New in version 4.4:
• Support for Apple Pencil pressure sensitivity to create variable-width brush strokes.
• Improved palm rejection with Apple Pencil.
AMAZING, except for a few suggestions
This app is great. It has so many features and tools, and it's so fun to use. But I do have a few suggestions.
- There should be an option to merge objects. I know there is a grouping option, and that's great. But the problem I have with it is that I make stick figure animations, and I want the stick figures to have a solid outline, without having to draw the outline, because then it technically wouldn't be a stick figure. But when I select all parts of the stick figure and add stroke properties, it adds them to all the shapes used in the stick figure, and not a solid outline around the stick figure. If I could merge the objects into one, this wouldn't be an issue.
- V-Cam. I understand that you can do camera movement in the composition editor, but I don't like using it very much. It looks weird in the animation. There are certain times where it is useful though, so I recommend you keep it, but I would still like to be able to animate camera movement without it looking so robotic.
Now, here are some more minor things that I would like in the next update.
- Blur effects
- More brushes. Ex. Airbrush, effect tools, marker.
Overall, this app is amazing. It's by far the best animation app on the App Store, in my opinion. These are just little suggestions, and you don't have to add them. Thank you for reading :)
Needs some work
It's easy to use and all, but I'm having a few issues. I'm barely at 60 frames, and I can't watch it the whole the once, then half of it wont load? As I add more frames it gets harder to draw with. It kind of lags and makes lines instead of curves, and the undo is super slow.
Im patient with it because it's one of the best I've used, but it needs fixing. Often I have to swipe out because it freezes up. I'm going to split up areas to the song so I can at least finish the animation.
It would probably be in your best interest to fix these issues, if you want people to share their animations, maybe you'd be able to get more downloads?
It's simple and works really well. One problem I have with it though is that when I import a picture from my photo gallery to use as a background in a composition, the background will sometimes disappear after I close the composition and go back to look at it.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 22, 2016
- Version: 4.4.2
- Size: 14.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DK Pictures, Inc.
- © 2015 DK Pictures, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.