Animoog for iPhone
By Moog Music Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS **
Must have iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th gen. or later to run Animoog for iPhone.
Animoog is Moog Music's first professional synthesizer for iOS devices, and was the first music app in history to hit number one in the App Store on the day of release. Additionally, in the 2011 App Store Rewind, Apple named Animoog one of the best apps of the year.
Powered by Moog's new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), Animoog allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: Animoog for iPhone expansion packs can not be used with Animoog for iPad. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
What's New in Version 1.2.4
* Program change messages now work on all MIDI channels
* Animoog now reacts to sample rate changes from IAA hosts or Audiobus
* Stability improvements for when background audio is turned off
Sheer power, even for musical illiterates
Many apps that are great for professionals have counterintuitive controls that take exhaustive setup. They also produce flawed-sounding output with amateurish inputs, understandably, but not so with Animoog. There is very little that cannot be created as a base idea and then refined. I have gotten some really weird sounds that rise in pitch after you release the key. Hasn't played well with MusicStudio on a very brief Audiobus run, but no complaints. A breeze to export to Audiocopy and looking forward to producing a full suite of sounds to process on other apps.
Make iap's shareable with iPad version
Great synth, as is the iPad version,but I would suggest making iap's shareable with the iPad version because I bought all the iap's for the iPad version and to be honest, I have no intention of buying them again for the iPhone version and I doubt others will, so stop the greed, I already bought the iPad version, the iPhone version and all the iap's for the iPad version, cut us a break!!!
Exceptional customer service
Not only does this App do amazing things, but the developers really pay attention to the users. I submitted a feature request that was promptly replied to. The feature was included in the next release. Fantastic!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 04, 2016
- Version: 1.2.4
- Size: 20.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Moog Music Inc.
- © 2011 Moog Music Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Devine Expansion Pack$3.99
- BASE PackFree
- MIDI Expansion Pack$3.99
- Acoustic Expansion Pack$2.99
- Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack$6.99
- Metallic Expansion Pack$2.99
- Monster Moog Expansion Pack$4.99
- Vintage Synth Expansion Pack$3.99
- The Grateful Dead Expansion Pack$4.99
- Vintage FX Expansion Pack$2.99