Animoog for iPhone
By Moog Music Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS **
Must have iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th gen. or later to run Animoog for iPhone.
Animoog is Moog Music's first professional synthesizer for iOS devices, and was the first music app in history to hit number one in the App Store on the day of release. Additionally, in the 2011 App Store Rewind, Apple named Animoog one of the best apps of the year.
Powered by Moog's new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), Animoog allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
What's New in Version 1.1.6
- Updated MIDI fixing MIDI out problems
- In app purchases improvements
- IAA MIDI improvements
Moog Maxed Out !!
My very favorite synthesis app, a lot of useful tweaks: all the scales (modes), presets as examples (InApp addOn), visualizer with controller, et al, symbiotically offering that original "knobs-and-sliders" immediacy to playing where it's intuitive and almost autonomous to reach out and adjust, knowing what will happen or be happily surprised by the results. With an iPad version, external midi USB keyboard (plus Apple adapter(s)), and you're set for months of hours long Jam sessions. Record, save, share (iOS 8), read the tutorial, & enjoy.
There's no one way to do synth, but this does Moog well, has been out for years, and keeps working. Did I mention it sounds awesome? A diverse palette from expert designers. Can't go wrong.
Can't recover purchased + BUGGY now
At some point in the last month, or the last update, not only have I lost tons of presets, but I've lost almost all of my timbres. When I try to "Restore Purchases" nothing happens even though I'm told it was successful. To make matters worse I'm also unable to change ANY timbres. Not my generations moog! If these problems get taken care of, I'll do another rating.
Really great sound for the money
But when are they going to add the HOLD button for iPhone? Such a crucial, simple feature. It's a tiny button on the iPad version, can't you just add it to the iPhone real quick?!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 03, 2014
- Version: 1.1.6
- Size: 11.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Moog Music Inc.
- © 2011 Moog Music Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Devine Expansion Pack$3.99
- Acoustic Expansion Pack$2.99
- MIDI Expansion Pack$3.99
- Metallic Expansion Pack$2.99
- Monster Moog Expansion Pack$4.99
- Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack$6.99
- The Grateful Dead Expansion Pack$4.99
- Vintage Synth Expansion Pack$3.99
- Vintage FX Expansion Pack$2.99