By Moog Music Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music's first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: IF NO SOUND from iPad speaker but headphone is working, this is an iPad settings issue. Go to the Settings app, General tab, set "Use Side Switch to: Mute" then turn switch on side of iPad on (Mute) and off again (Unmute). Then set "Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation" to prevent problem in future. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
Improved performance on first-generation iPad.
Bug Fix: 4 Track Recorder now remains unlocked while iPad is offline (as originally intended).
Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic (except the knobs)
This is an absolutely superb synth, with incredible flexibility, wonderful presets, and fantastic tones. One of my favorite apps in the whole store. The design of the keys alone is revolutionary. Buy it at any reasonable price. Then buy the Monster Moog and Devine IAPs.
But it still has some weaknesses: (1) despite updates, the knobs still simply aren't responsive. They're awkward to swipe and too hard to quickly get a precise setting. Korg does this much better. But even better: they should re-think the knobs the way they've brilliantly rethought the keys and make the re-design an option to use. (2) It's time for a full-blown guide. There are unknowns in the app that cannot be figured out in any obvious way, particularly in the 4-track and in designing new presets.
Nice sounds, fun to play, but 4track is awful
The sounds are really great. The iPad keyboard is fun to use. It takes a while to get used to the trick of manipulating the sound, but once figured, great for solos.
That being said...
The 4track is just awful.
I've tested this on four iPads so far. If I record to the click track on track one and then arm track two for a second track, the click and the previously recorded track two are out of synch... Not even on the same planet.
It gets worse as I move from two to three and so on.
Also, the UNDO function does not work. Want to re-record a track? Who doesn't? Press UNDO and nothing happens.
I've sent this issue to tech support but they have yet to fix it with any of the updates.
So, buy it for the sounds, but ignore the four track. Just...awful.
Best iOS synth
Amazing sound design at its core. Great presets give you a very usable jump-start with the app. Beautiful and practicle User-Interface, vintage yet hi-tech look, with sensible layout.
Job VERY well done Moog. No app makes my iPad feel so professional. Fits into any studio perfectly!!
Used the touch screen to the full potental. This program wouldn't work the same with out it!....thats what sets it so apart.
Now make a Drum Sequencer app w/ same professionalism, anolog modeling control and same "modern-vintage" feel and you'd own the iOS proaudio market.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 22, 2013
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 19.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Moog Music Inc.
- © 2011 Moog Music Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Devine Expansion Pack$4.99
- Acoustic Expansion Pack$3.99
- MIDI Expansion Pack$4.99
- Metallic Expansion Pack$3.99
- The Grateful Dead Expansion Pack$4.99
- Monster Moog Expansion Pack$4.99
- Vintage Synth Expansion Pack$3.99
- Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack$6.99
- Vintage FX Expansion Pack$3.99
- 4 Track Expansion Pack$4.99