By Moog Music Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music's first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: IF NO SOUND from iPad speaker but headphone is working, this is an iPad settings issue. Go to the Settings app, General tab, set "Use Side Switch to: Mute" then turn switch on side of iPad on (Mute) and off again (Unmute). Then set "Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation" to prevent problem in future. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
What's New in Version 2.3.1
• Support for AudioShare on iOS 9.
• Support for AudioCopy on iOS 9.
• Proper warning when not using 44.1kHZ and trying to interface with AudioCopy/Paste
• AudioBus state saving now preserves the name of the active preset.
• Minor audio engine performance improvements.
Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.
This is an absolutely superb synth, with incredible flexibility, wonderful presets, and fantastic tones. And it's so much more than a synth; it's a versatile sound manipulator and recorder. One of my absolute very favorite apps in the whole store. The design of the keys alone is revolutionary. With frequent updates and a built-in manual. Buy it at any reasonable price. Then buy the Minimoog, Devine, and Monster Moog IAPs.
Only downside: the smaller knobs are still funky. Korg does that better.
The Original iOS Fantastic Sound Machine
If you like synths, even remotely, GET THIS ONE. It can't be adequately described... Only experienced. If I didn't own one, I'd buy the iPad, the Animoog app, and still I'd consider it a STEAL! 5 stars en't enough.
Buyer beware! In-App presets are not transferable between different devices!
I shouldn't have to be writing this
In fact I'm quite sickened because if I had a hardware synthesizer everyone knows you can export and trade presets with the same type of synthesizer. Be it a ROLAND, Korg, or Yamaha branded device. And yes even the moog software by Arturia is transferred between PC and Mac versions of the software.
But suddenly, this developer has deemed it possible to change this idea.
I understand paying the larger price for the NEW iPad GUI interface but in truth the presets are the very same thing on iPhone version running on an iPad....and I am warning you they have charged me double for the same presets!!!!
This was not warned here on this app store nor is it written in the website on the developer.
I will denote the only version of preset that is listed different is the great full dead for iPhone but even so most buyers of this type of software are going to agree that you really shouldn't have to really purchase the same presets if you already bought them for the same software.
The GUI is different not the sounds.
The presets in fact are named the very same so why would anyone think they would be any different?
MOOG marketing needs to change this policy.if they want to create positive feedback from the user groups
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 06, 2015
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 31.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Moog Music Inc.
- © 2011 Moog Music Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Devine Expansion Pack$4.99
- Acoustic Expansion Pack$3.99
- MIDI Expansion Pack$4.99
- Metallic Expansion Pack$3.99
- The Grateful Dead Expansion Pack$4.99
- Monster Moog Expansion Pack$4.99
- Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack$6.99
- Vintage Synth Expansion Pack$3.99
- BASE PackFree
- Vintage FX Expansion Pack$3.99