By Moog Music Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music's first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: IF NO SOUND from iPad speaker but headphone is working, this is an iPad settings issue. Go to the Settings app, General tab, set "Use Side Switch to: Mute" then turn switch on side of iPad on (Mute) and off again (Unmute). Then set "Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation" to prevent problem in future. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
What's New in Version 2.2.8
• Added support for AudioBus Remote with triggers for Recorder, Preset Navigation, Scale Lock, Hold and Orbit Time Change
• Added support for mixing down to AudioCopy and AudioShare in the 4-track recorder
• Stability improvements
A True Revolution in Sound & Music
Words cannot describe the depth and breadth of impact that this app has, though it seems this review may be falling on no ears! Only 8 reviews? It goes without saying that they're 5 stars, but only eight? Are people just unwilling to shell out the price of a small tank of gas to find this out? It's the bane of $0.99 apps: An app can revolutionize music and sound production, but if it can't be bought for dollar....
Even when Animoog was crashing spontaneously it was still amazing. Even though I also use Auria, Loopy HD, Music Studio, GarageBand, the wow factor is still leaps and bounds beyond, due in most part to the Timbre space.
Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic
This is an absolutely superb synth, with incredible flexibility, wonderful presets, and fantastic tones. And it's so much more than a synth; it's a versatile sound manipulator and recorder. One of my absolute very favorite apps in the whole store. The design of the keys alone is revolutionary. And now with a built-in manual! Buy it at any reasonable price. Then buy the Monster Moog and Devine IAPs.
Only downside: the smaller knobs aren't responsive enough to quickly get a precise setting. Korg does that better.
This should be the first synth for anyone with a new iPad who is interested in using the device for music production.
The wow effect for newcomers is off the charts. The learning curve for programming your own patches is a gentle slope up and before you know it you're there.
This goes double if you're without an external MIDI keyboard. The smoothest virtual keyboard you'll find.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 30, 2015
- Version: 2.2.8
- Size: 35.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Moog Music Inc.
- © 2011 Moog Music Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Devine Expansion Pack$4.99
- Acoustic Expansion Pack$3.99
- MIDI Expansion Pack$4.99
- Metallic Expansion Pack$3.99
- The Grateful Dead Expansion Pack$4.99
- Monster Moog Expansion Pack$4.99
- Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack$6.99
- Vintage Synth Expansion Pack$3.99
- Vintage FX Expansion Pack$3.99
- 4 Track Expansion Pack$4.99