By Moog Music Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music's first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: IF NO SOUND from iPad speaker but headphone is working, this is an iPad settings issue. Go to the Settings app, General tab, set "Use Side Switch to: Mute" then turn switch on side of iPad on (Mute) and off again (Unmute). Then set "Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation" to prevent problem in future. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
What's New in Version 2.2.3
- General MIDI Out fixes
- IAA Midi and CoreMidi now simultaneously trigger events
- Audiobus support improvements
My Favorite Synth iOS
This makes Moog accessible to me as a hybrid classical pianist and synth improviser. I love to just jam, and them tweak readily just where need be to get that timbre that suggests motifs under my fingers. Animoog offers more than enough but always functionally useful controls for just that. Like my first real synth, a Moog when the piano wouldn't fit in the car, I can each out and adjust knobs and sliders, controls filters, LFOs and modulation, ADSR, and via an iOS interactive graphical visualizer, control aspects of what's playing, intuitively in realtime, and almost without haunting to think about the synth, just touch it. With an external midi USB "pro Akai" and adapter(s), and a tutorial, the experience is greatly enhanced. And a wealth of a expertly designed pro presets, you're on your way. It was my first early purchase, and I've enjoyed it over 5 iOS releases and almost as many iPad revisions.
Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic (except the knobs)
This is an absolutely superb synth, with incredible flexibility, wonderful presets, and fantastic tones. One of my absolute favorite apps in the whole store. The design of the keys alone is revolutionary. Buy it at any reasonable price. Then buy the Monster Moog and Devine IAPs.
But it still has two weaknesses: (1) despite updates, the knobs simply aren't responsive. They're awkward to swipe and too hard to quickly get a precise setting. Korg does this much better. But even better: they should re-think the knobs the way they've brilliantly rethought the keys and make the re-design an option to use. (2) It's time for a full-blown, in-app guide, particularly on the 4-track and in designing new presets.
AWESOME if u don't have an iPad AIR
I was shocked to see this synth had only 3 stars, after reading the complaints I see why...but don't blame the app. I have the iPad they made just B4 the AIR and it works great. With its unique synth engine this bad boy has a growl and a bite that can NOT be reproduced on any of my other iOS synths, I have nearly all the well known ones, Magellan being my other Fav...I won't name all the 5 star synth apps. But out of the 15 Best Ever iOS Synths which HAVE EARNED their 5 star review the Animoog would be near the top of the list for sure...oh and it is more than just growl and bite...it sounds heavenly when you want it to. Obviously the AIR 2 has issues.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 29, 2014
- Version: 2.2.3
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Moog Music Inc.
- © 2011 Moog Music Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Devine Expansion Pack$4.99
- Acoustic Expansion Pack$3.99
- MIDI Expansion Pack$4.99
- Metallic Expansion Pack$3.99
- The Grateful Dead Expansion Pack$4.99
- Monster Moog Expansion Pack$4.99
- Vintage Synth Expansion Pack$3.99
- Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack$6.99
- Vintage FX Expansion Pack$3.99
- 4 Track Expansion Pack$4.99