By Moog Music Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music's first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: Animoog for iPad expansion packs can not be used with Animoog for iPhone. **
** If no sound from iPad speaker but headphone is working, this is an iPad settings issue. Go to the Settings app, General tab, set "Use Side Switch to: Mute" then turn switch on side of iPad on (Mute) and off again (Unmute). Then set "Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation" to prevent problem in future. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
What's New in Version 2.4.4
• Improvements to sample rate / buffer size behavior.
• Improvements to scale slider.
Simply amazing. Get it. That is all.
I pick this up years ago, and within the first hour, I declared that I was satisfied that I had already gotten my money's worth, and that from that point forward, it would all be gravy.
I still love this synthesizer, and it still sits in the number one slot of my music-making folder (which has 11-12 screens!) It is powerful, expressive, and even better when you get all the various add-ons and expansion packs.
This one will keep you happy for years.
I wish I would call it great, but something's missing
It sounds great, it is easy to program, and is very musical. I can make good ambient music by just fiddling around with the presets and legato keyboard. Howver, coming from PPG Wavegenerator, something feels missing about Animoog. It definitely should have a timbre editor, but something else feels wrong. Having four modulation slots is very limiting, considering the cheaper Nave has ten slots. There is also no tremolo for the LFO, though that might be faked with the orbit and silent timbres. Animoog though does have polyhponic aftertouch, which is really really cool!
Great app, just one issue
Great app, sound incredible, the only issue I have is that you have to spend more for midi out, what's that about? Lol.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 08, 2016
- Version: 2.4.4
- Size: 54.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Moog Music Inc.
- © 2011 Moog Music Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Devine Expansion Pack$4.99
- BASE PackFree
- Acoustic Expansion Pack$3.99
- MIDI Expansion Pack$4.99
- Monster Moog Expansion Pack$4.99
- Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack$6.99
- Metallic Expansion Pack$3.99
- The Grateful Dead Expansion Pack$4.99
- Vintage Synth Expansion Pack$3.99
- Vintage FX Expansion Pack$3.99