By Admium Corp.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Learning Chinese characters? Kanji? Medicine? Another subject with lots to memorize? With that much to learn, you need the right flashcard app, to get the most from your study time.
That's why AnkiApp uses an improved form of Spaced Repetition (SRS), built with Artificial Intelligence (AI), to maximize the amount of learning you get done in each study session. When you go to study, the AI chooses which flashcards you need to work on, based on a detailed analysis of your progress. It's like a coach, for your brain.
Make your own flashcards, styled how you like. AnkiApp lets you use colors, bulleted lists, and more. Or search through millions of flashcards that are ready for you to download. Your choice.
You get all this power, wrapped in a simple, polished app.
• Easy to add cards directly from the mobile app
• Format your cards using colored text, bulleted lists, underlines, and more, all without knowing CSS
• Flip your decks to study back-to-front, with a couple taps
• Syncs automatically with desktop, web app, and your other phones and tablets
• Create decks on the go
• Make cards using photos from your camera
• Share any deck with a friend by putting in their email
• Fully-featured—-NOT a "companion" app that requires a computer
• Detailed stats on each of your decks, and individual cards too
• For advanced formatting, supports HTML and CSS
• Text-to-speech (TTS) that reads parts of your cards in English or other languages
• Study offline, and your new cards and progress sync when you're back online
• Dashboard that shows your overall progress
• Study at any time; doesn't force you to study cards on a rigid schedule
• Study your recent decks from the Dashboard in just 2 taps
• "Night Mode" that's easy on your eyeballs when studying in the dark
• Settings sync across all your devices
Ranked #1 Education app in multiple countries world-wide. Featured as one of the "Best Apps To Learn Foreign Language" by TechTimes.
Learn more at https://www.ankiapp.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 2.6.0
• Improvements to card grading
• Improvements to response handling
• Improvements to profile screen device display
Great app. Some minor, kinda annoying issues.
First off, I love this app, and use it everyday. It looks really beautiful, and works pretty well for me. The cloud thing is great, and downloading other decks is a breeze. The selection doesn't seem too crazy, but for Minna No Nihongo and Japanese in general it seems good.
Some issues however: there are some bugs that make some things feel clunky, for instance when scrolling through the cards in a deck, it's not as responsive and sometimes not all cards show.
Occasionally I have trouble centering the text because I can't reach the "center text" button because my keyboard is in the way.
I also wish that you could automatically set the font of a deck so that I don't have to always change the font size every time I add a new card (which I do do that). There was an option for font size, and I set it, but it never works.
And finally, I wish that we could merge decks. That would be incredibly wonderful, and if all these bugs were fixed and the merging of decks implemented, then I would be extremely satisfied. Overall a 7.8/10, or a 4/5. Free too!
Good, then glitchy
Would have given this a 5-star review up until two days ago, because when this app works, it's invaluable. But then it signed me out, and when I logged back in the cards I'd downloaded from the "Get Decks" section were gone from the main screen. I went back to get them again, but when I selected the option to download, I ended up with an indefinitely spinning waiting circle. Tried again multiple times with the same result - even tried letting it download overnight. Tried to contact them on their support page, but it's just an FAQ with nowhere to submit questions or issues like this one. To add insult to injury, I was using those cards for an exam that's later this week, so, until the app takes care of these issues, look for something else if reliability is important to you when it's crunch time.
I was very happily using AnkiApp for my studies. Earlier this week, around Monday, they apparently started having trouble with their servers. It appears this program is written in a way that if the connection to the servers is not good enough, it automatically logs you off and tells you to sign back on.
That's all very well but when this happens all your local copies of your decks are removed. That means that if you cannot make a successful connection to their servers you have nothing to study. I sent email to their tech-support on Wednesday in a panic because I had tests this weekend to study for. Now on a Saturday, and after my important test, other than an automated response - nothing. I had even paid extra money for the Premier support.
And the problem persists.
Luckily on Thursday morning I started rebuilding my deck's using different software "Flashcards" (which I'm liking quite well).
I'll never trust AnkiApp again.