Learning Chinese characters? Kanji? Medicine? Another subject with lots to memorize? With that much to learn, you need the right flashcard app, to get the most from your study time.
That's why AnkiApp uses an improved form of Spaced Repetition (SRS), built with Artificial Intelligence (AI), to maximize the amount of learning you get done in each study session. When you go to study, the AI chooses which flashcards you need to work on, based on a detailed analysis of your progress. It's like a coach, for your brain.
Make your own flashcards, styled how you like. AnkiApp lets you use colors, bulleted lists, and more. Or search through millions of flashcards that are ready for you to download. Your choice.
You get all this power, wrapped in a simple, polished app.
• Easy to add cards directly from the mobile app
• Format your cards using colored text, bulleted lists, underlines, and more, all without knowing CSS
• Flip your decks to study back-to-front, with a couple taps
• Syncs automatically with desktop, web app, and your other phones and tablets
• Create decks on the go
• Make cards using photos from your camera
• Share any deck with a friend by putting in their email
• Fully-featured—-NOT a "companion" app that requires a computer
• Detailed stats on each of your decks, and individual cards too
• For advanced formatting, supports HTML and CSS
• Text-to-speech (TTS) that reads parts of your cards in English or other languages
• Study offline, and your new cards and progress sync when you're back online
• Dashboard that shows your overall progress
• Study at any time; doesn't force you to study cards on a rigid schedule
• Study your recent decks from the Dashboard in just 2 taps
• "Night Mode" that's easy on your eyeballs when studying in the dark
• Settings sync across all your devices
• 3D Touch menu to quickly review decks and make new cards.
Ranked #1 Education app in multiple countries world-wide. Featured as one of the "Best Apps To Learn Foreign Language" by TechTimes.
Learn more at https://www.ankiapp.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grouped Review! Grouped Review lets you study multiple decks at the same time. If you're studying from a textbook, this lets you make a deck for each chapter, and then study all chapters in the same review session.
Grouped Review automatically makes deck groups based on the tags that you give your decks. So one deck can appear in multiple groups, if you give it multiple tags. To tag a deck, go to the Deck screen, open the menu, and tap Edit Deck. From there, use the New button in the Tags section to add tags.
Miscellaneous other improvements:
- fix sound playback during review
- fix review bug when language set to German
- live-search through help articles
- show status bar on iPhone X
- disable autocorrect behavior in layout editor
- fixes to TeX (math) support
- sorting for Deck Groups
- fix to last reviewed at for Grouped Review
- fix for font size control
- ... more bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I liked this app. It was easy to use and fitted my needs perfectly. I’m was really excited and put A LOT OF TIME into creating my cards. I was really disappointed when my decks stopped downloading and syncing. I use to get an error message. Now, they have disabled all the buttons so I can’t do anything. I’ve emailed the support group twice and after weeks nothing has been done. I did come to find out that there is a backside to this app called ankiNexxus which apparently forces you to pay a yearly price or an unlimited price! I’m very disappointed. It seems there is a limit to this app and they never mention it in the product description. It’s almost like they want you to become dependent so you’ll pay just to not have wasted so much time and effort. The company should be more honest with its users.
Interface flaws in a great app
Upd: lowered the rating as the app suddenly begun to freeze when I’m trying to create a new card and syncronization issues appeared.
I use the app every day and it’s a must for anyone who needs to memorize a lot. But it definitely lacks two much needed things. One is confirmation on exit from a review (so the progress won’t be lost after an occasional tap in left upper corner) and other is an option to pause the review and to continue on another device.
Also, it shows all the cards when you review a deck. Possibly cards marked as “easy” several times in a row might not be showed during every review for the sake of time saving. I know they can be excluded manually but that might be a useful option in settings.
Please update to the latest version and contact us for support if that doesn’t fix the problems you mentioned. You can reach us at http://support.ankiapp.com or through the Contact feature in the app.
Great but broken
I love this app! It makes memorization much less tedious by telling you which cards you consistently get right/wrong and gives me motivation to study harder.
Since I use large decks, I wish there were an option to study only a subset of cards. Otherwise, I tend to see the same cards only three or four times before automatically moving onto new cards I’ve never seen before, which gets frustrating fast.
Unfortunately, since upgrading to iPhone 10 I can’t review anymore - instead I get stuck in an endless loop of Open/Review, making it unusable.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.