By Ankitects Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations that were added with LaTeX in the desktop software, and ruby text above Asian languages.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, making changes to the appearance of cards and turning on options like 'type in the answer' currently needs to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on up to 5 devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please use the above link! I have no way of replying to reviews placed on the app store, and quite often the issues posted in app store reviews can be easily resolved.
What's New in Version 2.0.23
Changes in 2.0.23:
- New graphical editor is enabled by default. The old editor will be removed
soon, but can still be accessed for now via Preferences>General. If you
have any problems with the new editor, please let us know.
- Switch profiles quickly by tapping the profile name in the deck list.
- Use the font size set in system preferences.
- Fix crash when tapping the camera or titlebar on iPads.
- Fix cards not being added to the correct deck.
- Another fix for a growing black bar appearing when scratchpad enabled on
Changes in 2.0.22:
- AnkiMobile now requires iOS 8 or later.
- New adding/editing screen, which shows bold/colours/etc visually
instead of as HTML tags. It defaults to off, and can be enabled via the
General section of the Preferences screen.
- Fields expand to fit content
- Tags autocomplete and can be easily removed
- Separate buttons for closing with or without saving, and longer undo
- Cloze deletion button
- Tap the "Edit" label at the top to access card info, delete, etc.
- Option to adjust scratchpad pen size in preferences
- Fix an error/full sync issue when deleting cards in the old editor
- Fix reverse templates on new install not generating reverse cards
- Fix an issue where you can't enter a space into the steps field on an
- Don't limit the preview of new cards/review ahead to 31 days.
- Fix an issue that was causing a black bar to grow above the scratchpad,
and tweak the height to be 50% - it was previously 40% or 60%.
- Update the sync label colour when refreshing decks by pulling down.
- Don't revert to the question side when marking a card while the answer is
- Fix backup and collection options not saving new values unless some other
change was made to the collection.
- You can now swipe to delete backups.
- Display a more helpful message when the front of a card is empty.
I started with Anki on my computer to study for the medical school admissions test, and it proved to be completely invaluable, so I decided to get the app to study on the go.
I could not be more happy with this app! I love Anki because it keeps statistics on each of your cards and develops due dates based on your ease of answering to maximize your long-term retention. This will automatically prioritize your most difficult cards, while refreshing you on easier ones less frequently. This allows you to learn and retain very large volumes of information incredibly efficiently. I wish I knew about this program before I started college!
Excellent app, worth the purchase!
I was a little worried about spending $25 on a flash card app but I think it is worth every cent. I already have been using the software on my computer for a couple years, but I decided to buy the app since I was going out of the country soon and need a quick and efficient way to study. Initially when I purchased the app I couldn't make a flash card without it shutting me out of the app. But I contacted anki support and they fixed the problem, THAT DAY! Couldn't be more satisfied :)
To those who have never heard of Anki, use it. If you are a student it will be a life saver. Honestly anything I put in Anki I feel confident that I will know come exam day. And I do recommend trying it out first before the buying the app.
To those who use Anki but am unsure of buying it, it is totally worth it. You can use "downtime" to go through some flashcards, wherever you are you can squeeze some studying in! It is highly recommended, you won't regret spending 25 dollars on it