By Ankitects Pty Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations that were added with LaTeX in the desktop software, and ruby text above Asian languages.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, certain changes like modifying note types need to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
What's New in Version 2.0.36
- Added a new 'black' theme for the iPhone X.
- Added a new action to toggle night mode, which turns the card contents and scratchpad to white on black.
- You can customize how cards appear in night mode - please see the manual for details.
- Drag and drop now works with multiple images at once.
- The scratchpad no longer gets slower as you add more strokes.
- Added a new action to edit the card template.
- iTunes import now supports normal decks in addition to collection packages, and lets you pick the deck to import.
- iTunes export now exports to a timestamped .colpkg file. To import into Anki 2.0, rename the file to collection.apkg.
- When importing a deck package, only import template changes if the modification time is newer.
- Removed the 'force orientation' option, and the old editor.
- Used a larger font for the find screen on iPads.
- You can now tap on the card counts to reveal the answer.
- Added some more database checks.
- Added some keyboard shortcuts to the study screen and decks list.
- Fixed the preview screen not picking up the card template styling.
- Fixed a crash when deleting a deck that had the default deck as a child.
- Fixed the status bar failing to disappear when the navigation bar toggled off on some device types.
- AnkiMobile now requires iOS 9 or later.
- Various layout changes for iPhone X.
- Fix wrong quickbar size when showing the nav bar from a tap/swipe.
- Wrap text in review screen instead of showing scroll bar.
- When answer buttons set to small, they now have the same height as the counts on the question side.
- Fix excess spacing in settings screen on iOS 11.
- Fix images added from camera/photo library failing to appear.
- Fix pasting from Evernote.
- Drag & drop support on iOS 11.
- Fixed some problems with the graphs on iOS 11.
- Graphs now fit to the width of the screen, and show in higher resolution.
- Option to disable feedback ticks/crosses in review mode.
- Ask for confirmation when closing the add/edit screen with unsaved changes.
- Fixed a number of crashes caused by corrupt collections.
- Fixed a crash on 32 bit devices.
- Fixed a crash when adding tags via URL scheme.
- Fixed a crash triggered by tapping quickly on the last card in a review session.
- Fixed taps not working on some card templates.
- Fixed buttons on card template not working occasionally.
Since using this app for three years now, I have not gotten less than a 3.85 GPA each semester in my university classes for my science degree. This is up from around the 3.30 term GPA's that I had received before using the program. I'm putting in the same amount of study hours as I did before using it, except now I'm working much more efficiently, so I'd definitely recommend the app!
Nothing else like it—great
Figured out the problem I had with family sharing and now we’re all studying our Spanish and other things.