By Ankitects Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations that were added with LaTeX in the desktop software, and ruby text above Asian languages.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, making changes to the appearance of cards and turning on options like 'type in the answer' currently needs to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
What's New in Version 2.0.30
- Pinching on a card now zooms in and out like in Safari.
- Pinching also works in the preview window.
- Cards can now be added to AnkiMobile via other appsthat support URL schemes - please see the manual for more info.
- Animated gifs can now be pasted into the editor from the clipboard.
- The edit screen now has an outline around the tools button to make it more discoverable.
- When adding, the first field now turns pink like the computer version when it's a duplicate.
- Added more answer button sizes to the review preferences screen.
- Added a shortcut for cloze deletion when using an external keyboard.
- The preview window now honours the selected font scale on iPads running iOS 10.
- Fix the deck list getting stuck when it was pulled down quickly.
- Fix a crash when pasting a link to a missing audio file.
- Remove the rarely used 'toggle toolbar' option in the editor.
- Add option to reverse sort order in Find screen.
- Update the app badge before making an automatic backup.
- Update the deck list at the same time as the app badge.
- Fix a rare crash when undoing a review.
- Fix an issue that could cause a card to be shown more than once when
returning from another app to the study screen.
- Searching for an ease now uses '.' regardless of locale, for consistency
with other clients.
- Support .typeGood and .typeBad styles in type answer display.
- Always start with an empty tags list when opening tags screen.
- Fix an occasional crash when tapping on the scheduling options button.
- On iOS10 devices, AnkiMobile will now show the due count on the app icon, and update it overnight. You can turn the due count on and off via iOS's Settings, in Notifications>Anki.
- Show the keyboard automatically when adding new cards.
- Shave a second or two off sync times.
- Fix daily counts not being updated when undoing a card.
- Show the most recently added content first in the Find screen.
- Fix a bug that was causing Anki to remain in the background longer than necessary.
- Fix the type answer screen sometimes showing the entered text as incorrect when it was correct.
- Fix the sync screen getting stuck in certain circumstances.
- Fix an intermittent error when syncing.
Amazing work as always! Keep up the excellent work!!!!
Oh, it's new update! ^__^
Another big thank you for the update!
Unlike what other reviewers have said, you can in fact make flashcards using this app! Obviously it's faster to make the cards on the computer version, but THERE IS CAPABILITY TO MAKE FLASHCARDS USING THE APP. I'm very happy with this app and feel the $25 was worth it because I'm able to use it while walking to class. This opens up new time to study and is well worth the donation to the developer.
Since using this app for two years now, I have not gotten less than a 3.80 GPA each semester in my university classes for my science degree. This is up from around the 3.30 term GPA's that I had received before using the program. I'm putting in the same amount of study hours as I did before using it, except now I'm working much more efficiently, so I'd definitely recommend the app!