By Ankitects Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations that were added with LaTeX in the desktop software, and ruby text above Asian languages.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, making changes to the appearance of cards and turning on options like 'type in the answer' currently needs to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
What's New in Version 2.0.31
- Added actions to pause the audio, and jump forward/back 5 seconds.
- Added 'forget' & 'set date' actions for card rescheduling during review.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing some preference screens from opening.
- Fixed cards zooming in when moving quickly between cards.
- Added an option to the Add/Export menu to download an .apkg file from a link, for use in schools that have Safari locked down.
- When 'never type answer' enabled, AnkiMobile now shows the field that would have been typed.
- Added a new option in the review screen to prevent zooming out when the answer side of the card is shown.
- Pinching on a card now zooms in and out like in Safari.
- Pinching also works in the preview window.
- Cards can now be added to AnkiMobile via other apps that support URL schemes - please see the manual for more info.
- Animated gifs can now be pasted into the editor from the clipboard.
- The edit screen now has an outline around the tools button to make it more discoverable.
- When adding, the first field now turns pink like the computer version when it's a duplicate.
- Added more answer button sizes to the review preferences screen.
- Added a shortcut for cloze deletion when using an external keyboard.
- The preview window now honours the selected font scale on iPads running iOS 10.
- Fix the deck list getting stuck when it was pulled down quickly.
- Fix a crash when pasting a link to a missing audio file.
- Remove the rarely used 'toggle toolbar' option in the editor.