By Ankitects Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations that were added with LaTeX in the desktop software, and ruby text above Asian languages.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, making changes to the appearance of cards and turning on options like 'type in the answer' currently needs to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
What's New in Version 2.0.28
- On iOS10 devices, AnkiMobile will now show the due count on the app icon, and update it overnight. You can turn the due count on and off via iOS's Settings, in Notifications>Anki.
- Show the keyboard automatically when adding new cards.
- Shave a second or two off sync times.
- Fix daily counts not being updated when undoing a card.
- Show the most recently added content first in the Find screen.
- Fix a bug that was causing Anki to remain in the background longer than necessary.
- Fix the type answer screen sometimes showing the entered text as incorrect when it was correct.
- Fix the sync screen getting stuck in certain circumstances.
- Fix an intermittent error when syncing.
Worth its virtual weight in gold
I'm using Anki by recommendation from a friend to learn a new language. Anki on the desktop and, more important for this review, Anki on the iPad and iPhone are incredible. Don't under estimate the power or value of this app by its lightweight UI. This is a very powerful application that I've personally found to be invaluable in my studying.
If you like Anki but are on the fence for the iOS app, I strongly, strongly recommend it. Having your decks with you on the go in a convenient and synced form has helped me learn a lot of vocabulary and language rules very quickly. Started out with a community deck but quickly built my own tailored to things covered in my class. A big thank you to the devs, you've done a great job on this app and the Anki system as a whole.
Perhaps my favorite app of all-time
I got hooked on Anki when I started using it for Korean language learning years ago. Learned thousands of words with it in multiple languages since. Every release just gets better and if you like and and use the desktop version, the iphone/ipad version is definitely worth it!
It is so much easier to review words on an iphone -- and syncing between the desktop and mobile versions is a breeze. I really appreciate the ability to take recordings for cards right in the mobile app -- it makes adding cards with a language helper or a random friend who shares a new phrase or sentence so easy.
Puts Brainscape to shame.
I've used Brainscape for years, but this is way better, especially for long term study of a foreign language. The interface isn't as pretty but that makes it faster, nimbler, and more functional. You can also edit cards on the fly, and can review forgotten cards over the past X number of days. Lots more options, this is truly great software.