By Ankitects Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations that were added with LaTeX in the desktop software, and ruby text above Asian languages.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile supports the full set of scheduling options that the desktop does, the options can't currently be changed from within AnkiMobile, so it's necessary to adjust them on the desktop and then sync the changes across to AnkiMobile. Likewise with card layout: customizing the appearance of your cards and turning on options like 'type in the answer' currently needs to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on up to 5 devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please use the above link! I have no way of replying to reviews placed on the app store, and quite often the issues posted in app store reviews can be easily resolved.
What's New in Version 2.0.17
Fixed a memory leak that could cause crashes when syncing lots of sounds and images to the device.
Anki makes learning vocab like a game
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this program. In three years of self-study, I'd learned all of 1400 words in a notoriously difficult language (for English speakers, anyway). Since starting Anki 4 months ago, I've learned 600. I love how flexible it is--how YOU input the words you want to learn, in the order you want to learn them, and decide for yourself if you got an answer wrong, if you got it right but it was hard, if you got it right and it was normally easy, or if it was super easy, I love the fact you can make unlimited tags for your cards. After I study, I re-study any words I get wrong--the app has an easy way to do that, I don't have to keep track of it myself. Then I go see my stats and it's fun to see the rise and fall of correct answers and perceentages of new, young, and mature cards. The algorhythm is just right, too. I re-see cards just when it's a little hard to remember them. Support has been great, too. Any problems or glitches are addressed immediately.
For me has been a deal changer. I'm living in a foreign country and I'm really invested in improving my vocabulary, but I just didn't know how. Tried Quizlet and other programs, but nothing has been like this. I'm just super glad I found it. Best app I have, by far. Totally and completely worth it.
Well worth the price!
I've used the desktop version of Anki for years. I always wanted the app but the price always set me off with my student budget. After a particularly tough round of tests and a nice paycheck I finally bit the bullet and wish I'd done so sooner! Being able to whip out my phone and do a few cards while waiting at the doctor's or in the 10 minutes between classes is so convenient, I'm able to take photos on my phone and immediately make them into flaschards, and it syncs easily with my desktop version. Best app purchase I've ever made.
Considering the amount you’ll learn, it’s well worth the price
The app works great. The app loads fast, syncs fast, and brings up the next card fast. The interface is easy and has the important features of desktop Anki. (for me, at least)
I've spent dozens of hours using this app, and learned thousands of Korean words. That’s worth so much more than the price.
Besides, buying the app sends 2/3 of the money to support the developer working on the whole Anki ecosystem.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 05, 2015
- Version: 2.0.17
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ankitects Pty Ltd
- © 2015 Ankitects Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.