Annotate by Driftt
By Driftt, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Annotate (formerly know as Glui) is the simplest way to capture, annotate and share screenshots.
This is a complete rewrite that builds on what made Glui popular and adds some of the most requested features. It's way faster, far better, and most importantly, just as simple.
"The app is incredibly simple, no bells or whistles to be found, and it excels as a result." — Macworld (4.5/5)
"An ultra-simple screenshot app that beats Skitch at it’s own game" — Cult of Mac
"Screenshotting for OS X made a delight, not a chore" — 9to5Mac
• Capture a screenshot or drag and drop an existing image.
• Annotate with arrow, line, text, overlays, rectangle, oval, pen and pixelate tool.
• Instantly share the image or a link to the image. Annotate integrates with Dropbox and CloudApp.
What's New in Version 2.0.4
- By default images are automatically scaled to 72 PPI when shared. In Preferences there's now a setting to turn this behavior off. If you’re on a Retina Mac you might want to do this to share snapshots in their full resolution.
- New refreshed app icon and name.
- “Could not import the clipboard because the file is not a TIFF file.” when dragging or pasting image in Photoshop.
- Various minor bug fixes.
If you like Annotate, please leave a review or a rating. It helps a lot.
I started using Glui (now Annotate) when it was first released. Each update they keep making it better and better. I have never had any issues with it and it does exactly what they say it does with no problems.
Good work guys!
Amazing for quick, informative screenshots
I use Annotate (formerly Glui) every day to share screenshots with coworkers that I’ve annotated to get more information across. For a web developer/designer like me this tool is indispensable.
Well, almost perfect! It lacks zooming in/out images for previewing. Not a big deal, though.