Explore and fight your way through nature, urban and abstract themed areas in the human Young's subconscious, evoked by a 16-bit-era visual style and a moody, dream-like soundtrack.
Anodyne is a full-length adventure created by Sean Han Tani (programming, music) and Marina Kittaka (artwork, writing), and is now available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Explore The Land on your way to work, on the school bus, at the DMV - anywhere!
* Explore the subconscious of Young , and adventure through over 20 diverse areas.
* Features an original, 60+ minute soundtrack, to accompany the world of Anodyne.
* Featuring over 6 hours of gameplay, and NO IAPs! Buy the game once, play it forever.
* Extensive use of a household item.
"The game's sound design is the strongest facilitator of Anodyne's sense of dread and unease; the ambience and music give off an air of suspicion and danger, with ugly chords and disquieting, unnatural-sounding synthetic pings. It all adds up to a game where you're not sure who to trust, and you can't be sure of what's real."
- Penny Arcade Report
"[The developers] have made magic with this game, creating a world that I could be afraid to enter but never want to leave...The locations are vibrant and detailed, going to all manner of different places...[the music] can take the visual mood and shift it into territory that pixel art shouldn't be able to inhabit...this has Game of the Year written all over it."
- Mash Those Buttons
- New Languages: Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Japanese
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve basically binge played this game, which is saying something because I’m not a gamer. I’m really enjoying it!
Maybe it’s because I’m playing on my phone so at times the controls are a bit hard or maybe it’s because I’m not much of a gamer, but there are a couple sections where I’m like “gahhh!” I can’t get past the 3 air vents towards the end.
I like exploring all the dungeons and most of the time I feel the right amount of challenge. Well worth the time spent. I hope they make another game
As soon as i was getting into the game the game stop loading. I get a black screen and title screen can be heard. Would like an option the remove that awful white dot!
Great game, minor glitch with controls
First off this game is great. The entire game feels like a long lost Gameboy Color game. The level design is perfect, and I got the soundtrack before I even finished the game.
One minor complaint specific to the IOS version. This version adds a white dot that follows the main character around to assist in control, I believe it's logic is backwards. It's only supposed to appear when you have touch controls enabled, but it seems it's backwards. It's there on d-pad only and missing on touch-only.
- Sean Hogan
- 69.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Analgesic Productions LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.