By 11 bit studios s.a.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
All About Tower Offense vs. Turret Defense
Anomaly 2 is a sequel to the critically acclaimed Anomaly Warzone Earth. Maintaining the core elements of the original, Anomaly 2 adds new features to the single-player campaign and finally puts your skills to a test in a completely unique experience: the dynamic turret defense vs. tower offense multiplayer mode!
In the years following the invasion of Earth in 2018, the planet is overrun by alien machines. Humankind is on the verge of extinction. Banded together in huge convoys, they search the frozen tundra for food and supplies. Since the war, the roles have been reversed: now our species seems to be the Anomaly on a machine-controlled planet. Your convoy, Commander, is called Yukon.
Anomaly 2 takes the RTS tower-offense concept from Anomaly Warzone Earth to a new level. The core elements of the original – tactical planning and the on-field Commander to support troops in combat – are spiced up by a number of important new features:
- Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
- Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: turret defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
- Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
- Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With over million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
- Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the team’s upgraded and improved visual engine.
- Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.
Needs some tweaks/updates still
Loved the original game. This one has major potential too. It's fun right out of the box, but needs a few things fixed.
1. It doesn't support native resolution on my 13" retina Macbook Pro. That makes the graphics look just OK. This needs an update.
2. The cursor seems to disappear or blend in WAY too much and leaves me struggling at key battles in the game.
3. Not sure why the change in game dynamic, but it is kinda annoying having to guide the little guy in a battle suit all over. WHat was wrong with the gameplay in the original? Seemed much easier to manage and (for me at least) it was WAY more enjoyable. Now it is a bit frustrating to have to focus to him instead of the units and action. Just my 2 cents.
Numbers 1 and 2 def need attn though. I've just stopped playing the game and dont feel like the price is justified with glitches like that in the game. Fingers crossed for an update ASAP to take advantage of the splash the game made in going live.
steep learning curve but worth it!
Love the series and concept. The controls took some getting used to. For those with Cursor issues - Go to System Preferences / Accessability - and increase cursor size. This is basically mandatory to play the game! I thought it was quite a bit harder than the other Anomaly’s on the ipad but eventually beat it on Nightmare once you learn how to deal with situation. Hope we see more based on this engine as the mech / morphing concept is fantastic.
Love the concept of this game. Single player mode is intense but I would not say its too hard just takes some learning. Graphics have some potential but with no resolution options it looks a little rough on a rMBP. One major gripe is I dont know why it has to use so much power! This is my only app that kicks my fans on and I can only get 2 levels in before I need to start looking for my charger which seems quite ridiculous.