Browse Recipes and Start Cooking directly from the Anova app!
The Anova app is the companion app to the Anova Precision Cooker WI-FI and Bluetooth models. Connect the app to your Anova Precision Cooker to start, stop, and monitor your food. Receive notifications about what’s going on with your food, and start your cook right from your phone. With both models you can conveniently browse thousands of recipes and start the Precision Cooker with a tap of a finger. We are constantly pushing to improve and listen to customer feedback, so make sure you keep your eye out for updates!
Don’t have an Anova Precision Cooker? Join the #anovafoodnerd family and try sous vide with the world’s best-loved precision cooking device: https://anovaculinary.com/anova-precision-cooker/
Key App Features:
• Great recipes & guides created by James Beard Award-winning chef, J. Kenji López-Alt
• Visual Doneness photos guide you to the perfectly cooked meal
Receive push notifications about your cook
• Operate Anova remotely, within range. Extended remote cooking capabilities are available exclusively for the Anova Precision Cooker WI-FI. This includes the ability to start, stop, change temperature, set timer, and monitor your cooking status from anywhere. See below for more information on connected cooking with the Anova Precision Cooker WI-FI.
With WI-FI, you can spend less time tied to the kitchen and more time doing what you love, with the people you love. When you upgrade to the Anova Precision Cooker WI-FI, you'll get even more flexibility than ever, including:
• Remote cooking. Start, stop, and monitor your Precision Cooker WI-FI from anywhere, and come home to the best meal ever. Whether you're heading to work, going on a run, or spending quality time with friends and family, you can check in on the status of your food no matter where life takes you.
• Push Notifications. Automatically receive notifications about how your meal is progressing. Anova keeps an eye on what's cooking, so you don’t have to.
• Voice Integration. Anova makes it effortless to start cooking, even when your hands are full, with the simple command of your voice using Alexa and Google Home integrations.
• New Features. Anova is always getting better with new ways to experience super-simple, pro-level cooking. Keep up with the latest updates to the Anova Culinary App for good things coming your way!
What is Precision Cooking?
Once limited to the world's best restaurants, precision cooking (commonly referred to as sous vide) is now the fastest growing kitchen appliance category. The Anova Precision Cooker represents the next evolution of precision cooking technology, making it easy and affordable for everyone to reap the benefits of this type of cooking. Precision cooking is extremely easy. It usually involves these three simple steps:
1. Attach the Anova Precision Cooker to a pot and set time and temp using the app or the device interface. Using the app, simply find what you're cooking and hit "start."
2. Put food in a ziplock bag and clip it to the side of the pot. The circulator moves water around the pot, ensuring a consistent temperature throughout.
3. Finish with a quick sear or broil, or even throw it on the grill for a nice, crispy finish.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Keeping it simple.
I’ve been using Anova since Christmas, 2016. Setting up the app on my iPhone 6 went smoothly with no issues. Upgraded to iPhone X for Christmas, 2017, and the transition was seamless. Maintaining connectivity is an issue, but this is mainly caused by moving the phone around from room to room. A WiFi booster would probably fix this issue. Lack of convenience does nothing to diminish the fantastic results of this nearly-no-brains-required food preparation.
A professional chef told me never to fret over setting/changing temperature to match the type of meat: set the temp to 130*F for everything – steak, chicken, rack of lamb, corned beef round, stew meat, pork chops, pork loin – all will cook to a perfect degree of tender juiciness. I adjust time according to the thickness of the cut. A frozen NY steak, chicken breast, or lamb rack takes 2 hours; remove from package, then wipe with olive oil, season or re-season, and grill or sauté over med-high to high heat for 1-2 minutes per side to brown. Perfect every time. A 3.5 lb pork loin or beef roast takes 4 hours. A real plus is that it’s hard to over-cook anything, even if you let it sit in the bath for an extra hour or two!
Best Sous Vide Guide
First of all, I don’t bother pairing my hardware to the app. I use the timer on my iPhone. Apparently, most of the negative reviews are based on issues with connectivity. But in consideration of actual cooking info and recipes, this app is the best by far and I’ve tried many Sous Vide apps.
I am not new to Sous Vide cooking but I found so much information in this app. The “Guide” section of the app is detailed yet easy to read. Within the “Guide” section is an “About” tab for each category of food (beef, poultry, veggies, etc.). This section is loaded with more information that I have seen anywhere else. It includes tips and techniques for each category of food. Easy to read and very useful info that will improve your Sous Vide results - especially for the Sous Vide novice.
So according to some of the reviews, there are issues with connecting your hardware for timing and controlling purposes. But for Sous Vide cooking content, this app stands way above the others. FIVE STARS FOR THAT!
App needs work
The hardware is great. I can’t begin to describe what a game changer sous vide cooking is. If I had it to do over though, I’d buy a base model with no connectivity because the app is a joke. First, the WiFi settings are ridiculous. After trying to connect unsuccessfully many times, I went to the web. I found out that neither your WiFi network name nor your password can be over 15 characters long. Their solution, I kid you not, is to change your network name and password to be shorter (less secure) than it is now. Also, there are many times where the app continues to tell me I need to get within range of the cooker so it can connect. It’ll stick like this with the app 3 inched away from the cooker. Better to just use the manual controls. Beyond that, I don’t understand how hackish their developers must be to not be able to get a simple timer right. It seemed to work on my first two cooks. After that, the timer now starts during the warm up phase. So you end up having to manually time everything anyway. And you have to listen for the cooker to hit the right temperature. The convenience of “set it and forget it” is totally missed with the poor app functionality.
- Anova Culinary LLC
- 107.5 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Anova Applied Electronics, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.