Ansel & Clair: Jurassic Dinosaurs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
-Dr. Toy 2013 Best Vacation Products Award Winner
-Parents Choice Silver Award Winner
"Best New Dino Themed Apps for Kids" – USA TODAY
"Ansel and Clair Jurassic and Triassic are the equivalent of 10-15 hours of TED and Khan Academy lectures with a dozen or more YouTube videos and a trip to a natural history museum thrown in for good measure. There really isn't anything to which to compare these apps. It's like getting an entire album of music for the price of a single" - SMART APPS FOR KIDS
"This latest app hits the nail directly on the head" - TEACHERSWITHAPPS
"Top 10 Apps for Teaching Social Studies" - AVATAR GENERATION
"Honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of Ansel & Clair applications, and Jurassic Dinosaurs is no different" - iPAD FAN
Ansel & Clair series (winner of 19 awards) launches second app in its dinosaur trilogy, Ansel and Clair: Jurassic Dinosaurs (video demo at www.anselandclair.com)
Spectacular interactions & animations, stunning visuals, puzzles & games bring Dinosaurs to life
- Allosaurus, a giant meat-eating dinosaur that was an ancestor of the Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Apatosaurus, a large Sauropod that was over 80 feet long and weighed more than 5 elephants
- Archaeopteryx, the earliest known flying dinosaur, which had both feathers and scales
- Hybodus, which was a shark-like water animal that lived during all three dinosaur periods
- Brachiosaurus or Arm Lizard, a gigantic Sauropod, which had longer fore limbs than legs
- Plesiosaurus, a marine reptile that did not lay eggs, but gave birth to live young in the water
- Stegosaurus, a popular armored plant-eating dinosaur
Science, history, geography and geology incorporated in a fun, contextual manner
- Why did the Apatosaurus swallow stones?
- Did modern birds evolve from the flying dinosaurs?
- Why were there more plant-eating dinosaurs than meat-eating dinosaurs?
- Were there polar ice caps during the Jurassic?
- How can you tell the age of a fossil? How do you know where to look for fossils?
- Why are you more likely to find fossils in sedimentary rocks and not in igneous or metamorphic rocks?
- How did new pine cones grow if there were no pine flowers?
Much loved features from other Ansel & Clair apps
- Touch and drag camera to take photos of dinosaurs and other animals of the Jurassic period
- Collect and arrange photos in the Travel Log, and even type your own notes
Selected Awards won by “Ansel & Clair Adventures in Africa” and "Ansel & Clair: Cretaceous Dinosaurs" and “Ansel & Clair: Paul Revere’s Ride”
Parent’s Choice 2012 Silver Award Winner
Dr. Toy Top 10 Tech Products of 2011
2012 Media of the Year Award - Creative Child Magazine
National Parenting Publications (NAPPA) 2012 Silver Award
Dr. Toy Top 100 Products of 2011
2011 and 2012 Mom’s Choice Awards
Parent's Choice 2011 Recommended Product Award
Here is what reviewers had to say about other Ansel & Clair apps:
- “This is one of the best educational apps for kids on the iPad” – USA Today
- “Great fun for kids, and very educational” – Wired / Geekdad
- “A hidden gem! This magnificent-looking app takes kids on a magical learning adventure through Africa" - Commonsense Media
- “One of the BEST apps I have seen. I am truly amazed” – iPad Curriculum
- "Incredible educational app…The students gave the app an initial road-test last week and I haven’t been able to get them off since!" – Teachers With Apps
- Top 35 Must-Have Educational iPhone and iPad Apps Used by Real Teachers in the Classroom – Appolicious
- Best Kids iPads Learning Apps Winter 2013 – Imagination Soup
- The 12 Best Children’s Educational iPad Apps Released In 201 2– Teachers with Apps
- Cognitive Kid Changes the Way History will be Taught. - Teachers with Apps
To learn more about Ansel & Clair, visit www.anselandclair.com
Paleontologist in the making
Fantastic app…..My 4 year old son is fascinated by dinosaurs and has everything from clothes to utensils with a dinosaur theme. I was searching for an appropriate educational app so that he can learn some facts about them and am really excited to have found this one.
Wonderful snippets of information about the various dinosaurs from this period. I have been unable to get my iPad back as he is absolutely entralled and he is already reeling of facts about the Stegosaurus and Apatosaurus. I couldn’t believe that he could pronounce the words let alone tell me a thing or two about them.
Was glad to learn that they have another app about dinosaurs. Can't wait to get it too.
Great Educational App
My daughter is a big fan of the Ansel & Clair series of apps. We have them all and they are a great source of education and entertainment for her. This app in particular focuses on prehistoric dinosaurs. My daughter learned about some of the different types of dinosaurs that existed. She names quite a few of them by just looking at pictures. She just loves the part where she has to put all the dinosaur fossils together. All in all, a great educational app.
My sons love the app! I am happy as they get to learn about the dinosaurs while having a great time. My older son loves puzzles so he enjoyed finding the fossils and putting them back together as well as the jigsaw puzzle. He especially likes the " make a dino" part of it. My 2 year old was watching him and thought it was hilarious when the dinosaur was tickled, jumped, or changed his form. It was a joy watching them enjoy this app so much!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Released: Jan 24, 2013
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 220 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fingerprint Digital, Inc
- © 2012 Cognitive Kid, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular.