Antenna client for reddit
By Alistair Leszkiewicz
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Antenna's unique 'swipe from anywhere' navigation makes browsing on your iPhone or iPad quick and easy
• Cellular data download limits
• Never ending reddit style page loading
• Post actions: upvote, downvote, comment, save, hide, open in web browser
• Sync visited links with reddit gold (see option in reddit preferences)
• Full reddit markup support with embedded links
• Collapsable comments
• Easily identify original posters comments
• Embedded youtube, image, imgur album, and gif viewer
• Recently viewed posts
• Multiple login support
• Share to email, twitter, facebook & readability
• Comments sort and limit options
• Passcode lock
• Spoiler text support
• Default browser can be set to Safari or Chrome
• Order your subreddits
• Bold / Italics formatting for and comments or self text threads
• Marking duplicate posts across pagination
• Swipe left contextual options menu
• New message notifications
• Reply to private messages and comment replies
• Night mode
• Hide read items
• Navigate through images and OP replies in comment threads
• Read later services : Pocket, Readability, Instapaper
• Shortcuts to saved subreddits with sorting, searches, users and more
• Thread submission & imgur upload
• Synccit.com for syncing clicked links
• View users history of posts / comments
• Edit posts and comments
• Auto switching to night mode
• Custom text size and fonts
For feedback please visit /r/antenna
reddit alien logo is trademark owned by Advance Magazine.
What's New in Version 8.16.1
- Added handling of reddit hosted videos and gifs
- iPhone X support, screen will expand to fit proper sizing on iPhone X
Been crashing like clockwork for months with no fix in sight
I used to love this app. Now it does nothing but crash after I submit a post. It is to the point where the bug is easily replicable, yet no noticeable changes have occurred in months. Id get it if things improved but it was still buggy, but this has been complained about by others for months and the problem still persists in much the same way as it did day 1 of it showing up.
It is simple: you load a post, you comment, app crashes, reload app, asks whether you want to send a crash report (I select ‘always’ and it still ‘always’ asks me this btw, then it loads the post before the one you commented on or submitted. Rinse, repeat. Every. Single. Time.
Crashes. Lots of crashes.
The app, ever since updated for the iPhone X, has experienced countless crashes on my phone. Most notably, whenever I chose the “hide all posts above” option, rather than do as I ask, the app crashes. My use of the word “whenever” is no exaggeration—the crash happens, dependably, every single time.
Other more random crashes happen too, but I am more willing to forgive those than the bug that makes useless a function I use so regularly. I’ve mostly moved to a different reddit app, at least until the issue is solved.
Hands down the best Reddit client
[update] Still the best. Once you get used to the UI, everything else feels clumsy.
The navigation is so smooth and well thought out. I will try some of the others every now and then, just to make sure I'm not missing some improvements, and always find myself back with antenna.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 15, 2017
- Version: 8.16.1
- Size: 79.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alistair Leszkiewicz
- © 2012 A M Leszkiewicz
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro upgrade$2.99