By radius180, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Anti-Virus Detective is a malware handling decision tree, providing a process flow for dealing with malware that your Anti-Virus program might miss.
The Anti-Virus Detective decision tree provides a step by step YES/NO process flow to walk the user through the process of identifying suspect malware. The Anti-Virus Detective decision tree begins the process with suggestions to first use simple downloadable tools by the major commercial Anti-Virus vendors. If the simple tools do not remove the suspect threat, the Anti-Virus Detective decision tree provides links to free resources online that perform binary and URL analysis to determine if the suspect files are exhibiting malicious behavior. These third-party tools and sites help in the escalation process when dealing with your Anti-Virus vendor.
Benefits of Anti-Virus Detective:
• Identify previously unknown threats by using third-party stand alone applications.
• Identify previously unknown threats by using third-party web sites for URL reputation ranking.
• Provides links to malware handling web sites that help provide evidence to submit to your AntiVirus vendor.
• Provides useful links for malware sample submission sites for Symantec, McAfee, Trend, & Kaspersky (list to be updated).
• Interface provides an email link option to forward link to customers or friends in need.
• Interface provides a navigate to link option to quickly browse the information from the third-party vendor.
• Provides URL links to many online resources for faster information acquisition.
Does Not Scan
Whether it's a misrepresentation by Apple or I missed something, I'm not sure. When searching for a Malware detection /anti-virus this app came up. Problem is, it doesn't scan your system, it simply suggests how to handle it if you think, have issue with them. A total farce!
This isn't what it appeared to be when I was loading it. I was having a problem with my iphone and thought it was a utility for Mac or a process tree for Mac issues. It's PC only and a waste of time and money. Why not just say, "buy a virus scanning program."
This app has been less than helpful! I've been experiencing problems with my iPhone & thought this would help-WRONG!! Not at all what it claims to be. No directions or any helpful information. Worst app I've purchased...