50% OFF LIMITED TIME ONLY - NO SUBSCRIPTION OR OTHER HIDDEN COST
Antivirus Zap is a comprehensive solution that scans and removes malware and other malicious software from your Mac. It detects threats or suspicious files that are already on your Mac and protects you from being exposed in the future.
- Detects and Removes malware and viruses to safeguard your Mac
- Quick Scan:
- Checks the most likely locations for malware and adware
- Depending on the number of files, the scan takes about 5-15 minutes to complete
- Normal Scan:
- Checks an extended list of most likely locations including Applications, Downloads, Desktop, Mail Download etc. folders
- Depending on the number of files, the scan takes about an hour or more to complete
- Full scan:
- Comprehensive scan that checks the whole system.
- Depending on the number of files, it takes an hour or more to complete, ideal for an overnight scan
- Custom scan:
- Select any specific files or folders to scan
- Perfect for suspicious files, folders and USB drives
- Scan + Browser Restore:
- Same as the Quick Scan and also restores internet browsers by removing extensions, cookies and caches
- Depending on the number of files, the scan takes about 10-30 minutes to complete
- Scans all applications and processes currently in the memory
- Scans all programs that start automatically by the system
- Detects not only macOS but also Windows and Linux threats. You can scan Windows bootcamp, external and network drives for malware.
- Option to exclude certain file types which are unlikely to pose a threat such as image, movie and audio files
- Also searches for malware in archives (zip, pkg, etc.) and inside various types of files such as pdf, pkg, zip, etc.
- Easy to use user interface
- Daily database updates
+ Improved Speed
+ Other small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Isolated and Identified 53 malware that McAfee Missed!
My identity was stolen by an MAC virus cleaner-type application that even came with a free download of McAfee! In less than two weeks, 40 accounts, purchase of two cars and trucks, debt consolidation loan, pharmacy delivery, and multiple subscriptions and credit cards were opened using my identity. I was able to isolate it to that app program purchase and download- and delete it- solely through Anti-Zap! 53 malware were detected and deleted in one anti-Zap Scan! 7 pages printed out to forward to FTC. And entire time I relied solely on McAfee and this Malware Program for 100% Scanning and Security. (Program has a way of either evading McAfee, but since downloads and license keys for both provided on same invoice- seems highly technical. Would generate daily fake “scan” reports and updates even using McAfee logos.) I ran a scan with Antizap— Problem Identified and Solved!
Went to McAfee Chat to report identity theft and solutiuons- chat tech uninstalled AntiZap! Even ran a McAfee scan- despite the fact that the Anti-Zap scan and repair was done minutes prior. I ended chat and tossed McAfee in the Trash and am Sticking with The Best! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Really handy app!
I wanted a app to scan my computer as my company had some viruses being sent through email. I read through the reviews and it seemed like a great product, and the issues that people had spoken of seemed to be fixed in my download. While the scan didn’t give me an estimated time for completion, it did have a pause button and seemed to let me delete files as the scan found them. My computer is newer and doesn’t have a lot of files on it, so the scan worked very quickly and only found one file, which I promptly asked it to remove. The only reason that I gave it 4 out of 5 is because I would have liked a more thorough confirmation that the file was removed, rather than it just striking through the text—but this could just be because when things seem to work fast, we question if they’re really working. I’m sure the system had already isolated that file and deleting it was a very quick process, but I felt that I would have liked to see where it was deleting it.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this! It seems like a great product for $1.99.
Simple, and Works Well
One reason to own a Mac is that they don’t get viruses etc. as often as PCs. BUT they do get them! We avoid advertised sites and other sketchy-sounding sites, but a few months ago, we started getting alerts that our Mac was infected so Click Here. Obviously an attempt to trick us into downloading viruses! We found this app when we searched for virus scan products for Macs. It’s easy to download and install. Very easy to use. We like that it runs in the background and offers a number of options, such as Quick Scan, Normal Scan, Full Scan, Directory Scan, and Browser Restore Scan. They all seem to take a few hours—even the Quick Scan. But initially, a Full Scan found over 30 infected files. We checked the boxes to allow the app to remove them. Recently, we ran the scan again, and it found 2 more infected files. We plan to run this every week or two from now on!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.