By PushyPixels LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Any-O-Meter is an easy-to-use gag program. Fool people around you into thinking your iPhone has incredible detection and measuring capabilities! Your iPhone will be able to "detect" everything from precious metals to bears, radiation to "awesome-ness". Includes over 10 preset meters, including a "lie detector", but more importantly, you can create your own! Limitless fun awaits!
- Photo Realistic Meter Display
- Beeping Indicator Sound that plays faster as you get closer to your target
- Easy to Use, trick uses iPhone accelerometer to determine how strongly the meter reacts
- Create, Label, and Save your own meters for endless fun
It's easier to understand when you see it in action! Go to http://www.any-o-meter.com for more information!
What's New in Version 1.1
- Multi-orientation support (Both landscape orientations)
- iPad Support
- Fixed some minor bugs
Needs a Little Work
Good idea, flawed execution:
• It requires too much tilt. 90 degrees from zero to max is not subtle enough, even if you mask the tilt with a side to side scanning motion. Something like 25 degrees (say, from 45° = zero deflection, up to 70° = 100%) would make the trick much less obvious.
• The device should be in portrait mode, not landscape: easier to control (and hide) the tilt, and the other art that's half off the screen now could be seen. The extra room in the lower third could be a speaker grill. For handheld bear, spoon, or moron finding, the portrait mode is more realistic and professional looking.
This could be a five-star app with a little fixing.
Funny and super easy to use
This app makes me laugh. You can type anything you want in the fields and save them, then tilt it in a direction to make the meter raise or lower. Very simple and fun. Anything that you can make people laugh with is worth 99 cents (especially if it keeps you entertained). Good stuff and you aren't trying to rip people off by charging again for downloading on the iPhone/iPod Touch!
Calibration would be nice
Great app! Lots of fun! Would be helpful to have a calibration function to set the center for the accelerometer though. As it is, the meters only zero when the iPad is near vertical, and tilting it forward only an inch or two pegs the meter. I would like to set it so that it could be used in a more horizontal manner.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 27, 2010
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: PushyPixels LLC
- © 2009 Max Maroe
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.