AnyList – Grocery Shopping List & Recipe Manager
By Purple Cover, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
AnyList is the best way to create grocery shopping lists and collect and organize your recipes. Easily share a list with your spouse or roommates, for free. Changes show up instantly on everyone’s iPhone or iPad.
AnyList has been featured in the App Store as “New and Noteworthy”, a “Great Free App”, and one of “10 Essential” productivity apps.
“AnyList makes shared grocery lists simple and intuitive.” —Lifehacker
“AnyList sets the standard for grocery shopping list apps.” —AppStorm
“I don’t recommend going to the grocery store without it.” —Today’s iPhone
==== FEATURES ====
== LISTS ==
• Quickly add and cross off items. Autocomplete suggests common items as you type.
• Add items by voice with Siri and our Reminders Import feature.
• Add notes to list items to indicate quantity, brand, coupons, etc.
• Create multiple lists to organize items by store or occasion.
• Grocery items are automatically separated into categories.
• Create your own custom categories.
• Reorder categories to match the layout of your local store.
• Save items as favorites, then browse your favorites and add them to your current shopping list.
• View recent items from your past shopping trips, then add them back to your current list.
• Easily share lists. Just enter the email address of your spouse or roommate and your list is shared. List changes instantly show up on everyone’s iOS device.
• Lists can be shared with as many people as you'd like.
• Everyone creates their own AnyList account, so you can share some lists, while keeping others private.
• Optional push notifications let you know when a shared list has been modified.
• Sort list items alphabetically or manually.
• Optionally badge the app icon with the number of items remaining on your lists.
• Choose a color for each list to help distinguish lists.
• Move or copy items between lists.
• Print lists, or send via email or SMS.
• Create starter lists to hold items frequently purchased together.
== RECIPES ==
• Enter your own recipes, or copy and paste them from an email or other source.
• Add ingredients from your recipes to your shopping lists with a single tap.
• Organize recipes into collections by type or occasion. Each recipe can appear in multiple collections.
• Search your recipes by name or ingredients.
• Print recipes, or send via email.
• Share your recipe collection with a trusted partner. Any changes to recipes will be instantly visible to both of you.
== SYNC / BACKUP ==
• Sync all of your lists and recipes across all of your devices. Sign in to your AnyList account on your iPhone and iPad, and any change made on one will instantly sync to the other.
• All of your lists and recipes are securely backed up in the cloud as part of your AnyList account. If you get a new device, just sign in to your AnyList account to retrieve your data.
== ANYLIST COMPLETE (PREMIUM FEATURES) ==
All of the features above are available for free. We also offer an optional in-app purchase called AnyList Complete that unlocks the full power of the app with these great features:
• AnyList for the Web: Use AnyList on any Mac or PC with a modern web browser.
• Recipe Web Import. Search for recipes on the web, and import them directly into AnyList. Works with popular recipe websites and blogs.
• Meal Planning Calendar. Plan your meals with month and list views. Easily add some or all of the ingredients for upcoming recipes to your shopping list.
• List Item Photos. Add a photo to list items. For shared lists, photos can be viewed by everyone sharing the list.
• Recipe Photos. Add a photo to your recipes, instead of being limited to icons.
• List Themes. Apply themes to your lists, with custom fonts, textures, and color.
• List Folders. Create folders to organize lists and reduce clutter.
• List Passcode Lock. Protect your lists from casual snooping with a passcode lock.
==== CONTACT US ====
We'd love to hear from you: email@example.com
AnyList includes icons from icons8.com.
What's New in Version 5.7
AnyList v5.7 introduces the ability to sync your Amazon Alexa shopping and to-do lists with AnyList. Items added via Alexa will show up in AnyList instantly, and any changes made in AnyList will be reflected by Alexa.
To get started, open the Amazon Alexa app, install the AnyList skill, and link it to your AnyList account. Once you've done that, the Lists screen in AnyList will include two new lists named "Alexa Shopping List" and "Alexa To-do List". Then you can use your Amazon Echo to add items to those lists. For example, if you say "Alexa, add apples to my shopping list", then "Apples" will appear in the "Alexa Shopping List" in AnyList within a few moments.
For more detailed setup instructions, open AnyList, go to the Settings tab, scroll down, and choose Amazon Alexa Sync. And as always, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or feedback.
If you enjoy AnyList, please consider writing a review on the App Store. Positive reviews improve our ranking and help new users learn about the app, so we greatly appreciate them.
Absolutely amazing app
I've been using the free version for two years and my husband has it on his phone also. Whenever I put something on the grocery list on my phone or iPad, it also is on his phone and he can see it when he goes to the store.
I purchased another recipe program for my PC two years ago and they kept raising the price every year, ($80), it has gotten so steep I could not afford it. Then I remembered this little app has a recipe file...and more. I figured for the money what did I have to lose so I bought the family plan, OH MY GOODNESS! It is amazingly easy and so full featured. I'm telling everyone I know. My only suggestion to the developer is that I want to send my recipes to an online site, Lulu I think it is, to print out recipe books for my children and grandchildren for Christmas next year. I'd like to see that featured added, if it is there, I have not seen it.. For me, one of the best apps I've purchased, and I purchase very few apps. I can also see my recipes on my tablet with this app.
It is so convenient, at the store when I remember I want to make something for dinner and I can't remember all the ingredients, my recipes are on my phone, I open the app, find the recipe and the list of ingredients are there. I can also add ingredients to my shopping list when in a recipe. You will love it.
Never wrote a review until I found this App
By far the best app I have ever had. Have multiple lists with main groceries and to do lists. Also make lists for trips and share with friends so we can all add and minus things for a group trip. Also assign items to people so they know what they are in charge of. Easily filter items I am in charge of getting. Best thing for group trips. Also absolutely love the recipe features. Have been addicted to this. Love sharing recipes with friends and adding things easily to my grocery list. I was happy to pay the $8 for the upgrade of adding photos. Not only because I love the app and want to contribute I love having photos of my recipes. Seemed reasonable. Thanks to the developers! This was something I needed in my life! Oh and my Alexa works with this so the kids love adding things to the list while I am shopping! And my husband and I can shop simultaneously off this list since it updates in real time.
Amazingly valuable app
My wife and I started using AnyList to share a common grocery list. When one of us uses the last of something we add it to the list. Then who's ever doing the shopping always has it up-to-date list!
We later added a Target list. A Costco list. A Home Depot list. Later expanded it to a packing list for vacation. We've added a lot of other shared list. Finally we started our Bucket list.
We next branched out into recipes. The recipe import function is AMAZINGLY accurate. If I find a recipe when I'm surfing on my smart phone I can easily import it. If I find a recipe when I'm surfing on my PC I can also easily import it. Then creating my shopping list is amazingly easy.
I have recently been using the calendaring function to do my weekly meal plan. A quick meal planning then turns rapidly into a shopping list. Or if I get a last-minute hankering I can easily add the needed items to my grocery list while I'm at the grocery store.
The application has been bulletproof. And when I've had suggestions or questions the AnyList team answers me very quickly.
AnyList is amazing!!! It is a great life hack.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 06, 2017
- Version: 5.7
- Size: 41.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Purple Cover, Inc.
- © 2012-2017 Purple Cover, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 12 Month AnyList Complete Individual Subscription$7.99
- 12 Month AnyList Complete Family Subscription$11.99