AnyList – Grocery Shopping List & Recipe Manager
By Purple Cover, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AnyList is the best way to create grocery shopping lists and collect and organize your recipes. Easily share a list with your spouse or roommates, for free. Changes show up instantly on everyone’s iPhone or iPad.
AnyList has been featured in the App Store as “New and Noteworthy”, a “Great Free App”, and one of “10 Essential” productivity apps.
“AnyList makes shared grocery lists simple and intuitive.” —Lifehacker
“AnyList sets the standard for grocery shopping list apps.” —AppStorm
“I don’t recommend going to the grocery store without it.” —Today’s iPhone
==== FEATURES ====
== LISTS ==
• Quickly add and cross off items. Autocomplete suggests common items as you type.
• Add items by voice with Siri and our Reminders Import feature.
• Add notes to list items to indicate quantity, brand, coupons, etc.
• Create multiple lists to organize items by store or occasion.
• Grocery items are automatically separated into categories.
• Create your own custom categories.
• Reorder categories to match the layout of your local store.
• Save items as favorites, then browse your favorites and add them to your current shopping list.
• View recent items from your past shopping trips, then add them back to your current list.
• Easily share lists. Just enter the email address of your spouse or roommate and your list is shared. List changes instantly show up on everyone’s iOS device.
• Lists can be shared with as many people as you'd like.
• Everyone creates their own AnyList account, so you can share some lists, while keeping others private.
• Optional push notifications let you know when a shared list has been modified.
• Sort list items alphabetically or manually.
• Optionally badge the app icon with the number of items remaining on your lists.
• Choose a color for each list to help distinguish lists.
• Move or copy items between lists.
• Print lists, or send via email or SMS.
• Create starter lists to hold items frequently purchased together.
== RECIPES ==
• Enter your own recipes, or copy and paste them from an email or other source.
• Add ingredients from your recipes to your shopping lists with a single tap.
• Organize recipes into collections by type or occasion. Each recipe can appear in multiple collections.
• Search your recipes by name or ingredients.
• Print recipes, or send via email.
• Share your recipe collection with a trusted partner. Any changes to recipes will be instantly visible to both of you.
== SYNC / BACKUP ==
• Sync all of your lists and recipes across all of your devices. Sign in to your AnyList account on your iPhone and iPad, and any change made on one will instantly sync to the other.
• All of your lists and recipes are securely backed up in the cloud as part of your AnyList account. If you get a new device, just sign in to your AnyList account to retrieve your data.
== ANYLIST COMPLETE (PREMIUM FEATURES) ==
All of the features above are available for free. We also offer an optional in-app purchase called AnyList Complete that unlocks the full power of the app with these great features:
• AnyList for the Web: Use AnyList on any Mac or PC with a modern web browser.
• Recipe Web Import. Search for recipes on the web, and import them directly into AnyList. Works with popular recipe websites and blogs.
• Meal Planning Calendar. Plan your meals with month and list views. Easily add some or all of the ingredients for upcoming recipes to your shopping list.
• List Item Photos. Add a photo to list items. For shared lists, photos can be viewed by everyone sharing the list.
• Recipe Photos. Add a photo to your recipes, instead of being limited to icons.
• List Themes. Apply themes to your lists, with custom fonts, textures, and color.
• List Folders. Create folders to organize lists and reduce clutter.
• List Passcode Lock. Protect your lists from casual snooping with a passcode lock.
==== CONTACT US ====
We'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
AnyList includes icons from icons8.com.
What's New in Version 5.6.3
AnyList v5.6.3 fixes a few minor bugs.
AnyList v5.6.2 introduces settings to control what's shown in the running total bar. If you'd prefer to see the cost of the remaining items, rather than the cost of the crossed off items, you can now make that change. A few miscellaneous minor bugs with entering quantities & prices have also been fixed.
AnyList v5.6.1 fixes a few bugs when entering item quantities & prices, including a problem when entering some prices in locales that use a comma as the decimal separator.
AnyList v5.6 introduces the ability to easily add quantities & prices to list items. By entering prices, you can stick to your budget by seeing a running total for your list. Futhermore, you can enter prices for multiple stores to help compare prices and figure out where you can save money.
Entering item quantities is part of the basic, free functionality of AnyList. Entering item prices requires AnyList Complete, our optional paid subscription that unlocks the full power of AnyList and helps to support our development efforts.
If you enjoy AnyList, please consider writing a review on the App Store. Positive reviews improve our ranking and help new users learn about the app, so we greatly appreciate them.
Note that we cannot respond to reviews on the App Store, so if you have feedback or a question that requires a response, email us at email@example.com and we'll get back to you.
THE must-have List app!
I have used many list apps and I have finally found THE list app I am keeping! This app is so awesome and I love how my kids can access our family list with their own information. It syncs to everyone when anyone makes a change. And being able to use Siri to add to my list when I think of things on the road. And now the recipe manager? This just keeps getting better!! I never thought I would be excited about list-making but this app is the cat's meow. I purchased the subscription to explore the recipe import and have to say that I am really liking this feature. It's easy to do from the web or even using the web browser in the app. Easily add ingredients to your shopping list and away I go to shop! I have contacted the developers several times with questions and suggestions and have always received a prompt personal response. These guys are great! Did I mention that I LOVE this app?
Pretty list app, lacks some key features
I have subscribed to AnyList for several years now, but it remains an adequate, but not great, list app.
For me, the most important missing feature is the ability for different lists to draw from a standard, shared list of items. Like groceries, for example. If I have one grocery list for home, a grocery list for a beach house, and maybe one day a grocery list for a special occasion, why can't they all draw from a shared list of grocery items that reflect my preferences and previous entries? Right now, lists can share categories, but not items. Every list starts with a blank slate of items, as if no other lists exist. If I enter a particular grocery item on one grocery list with the terms and other details I like, I have to do it all over again on another grocery list. Same goes with any other kind of list of similar items: bar inventory, hardware items, clothing, etc.
The interface is cluttered with editing pencil and settings gear icons all over the place. It's really ugly and used to be so much nicer. I know they want editing and settings features to be easy to access, but this is a lousy way to go about it.
It does recipes too, but all that functionality is irrelevant for me because my family manages recipes elsewhere with better apps.
Good customer service - - - Somewhat useful
I had written a "2-star" rating for the app as I believed it to lack a lot of value over the built-in iOS Reminder app, especially now that you can use iCloud to share and sync between users. After that review, I received a respectful letter from the developer pointing out a few key features that were not available in the iOS Reminder app. Although I admit, I still don't see this as a must have, the developer did point out additional value that may be useful to many and more importantly made the time to rebut and follow up on their product. I wish all developers showcased that desire to provide good customer service. As such, I'm upping my rating to 4 stars, with the caveat that for basic shared list requirements, you still may only need the built-in iOS Reminder app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 27, 2017
- Version: 5.6.3
- Size: 41.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Purple Cover, Inc.
- © 2012-2017 Purple Cover, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 12 Month AnyList Complete Family Subscription$11.99
- 12 Month AnyList Complete Individual Subscription$7.99