AnyList is the best way to create grocery shopping lists and collect and organize your recipes. Easily share a list with your spouse or roommates, for free. Changes show up instantly on everyone’s iPhone or iPad.
AnyList has been featured in the App Store as “New and Noteworthy”, a “Great Free App”, and one of “10 Essential” productivity apps.
“AnyList makes shared grocery lists simple and intuitive.” —Lifehacker
“AnyList sets the standard for grocery shopping list apps.” —AppStorm
“I don’t recommend going to the grocery store without it.” —Today’s iPhone
==== FEATURES ====
== LISTS ==
• Quickly add and cross off items. Autocomplete suggests common items as you type.
• Add items by voice with Siri and our Reminders Import feature.
• Add notes to list items to indicate quantity, brand, coupons, etc.
• Create multiple lists to organize items by store or occasion.
• Grocery items are automatically separated into categories.
• Create your own custom categories.
• Reorder categories to match the layout of your local store.
• Save items as favorites, then browse your favorites and add them to your current shopping list.
• View recent items from your past shopping trips, then add them back to your current list.
• Easily share lists. Just enter the email address of your spouse or roommate and your list is shared. List changes instantly show up on everyone’s iOS device.
• Lists can be shared with as many people as you'd like.
• Everyone creates their own AnyList account, so you can share some lists, while keeping others private.
• Optional push notifications let you know when a shared list has been modified.
• Optionally badge the app icon with the number of items remaining on your lists.
• Choose a color for each list to help distinguish lists.
• Move or copy items between lists.
• Print lists, or send via email or SMS.
== RECIPES ==
• Enter your own recipes, or copy & paste them from another source.
• Add ingredients from your recipes to your shopping lists with a single tap.
• Organize recipes into collections by type or occasion.
• Search your recipes by name or ingredients.
• Print recipes, or send via email.
• Share your recipe collection with a trusted partner. Any changes to recipes will be instantly visible to both of you.
== SYNC / BACKUP ==
• Sync all of your lists and recipes across all of your devices. Sign in to your AnyList account on your iPhone and iPad, and any change made on one will instantly sync to the other.
• All of your lists and recipes are securely backed up in the cloud as part of your AnyList account. If you get a new device, just sign in to your AnyList account to retrieve your data.
== ANYLIST COMPLETE (PREMIUM FEATURES) ==
All of the features above are available for free. We also offer an optional in-app purchase called AnyList Complete that unlocks the full power of the app with these great features:
• AnyList for Mac & AnyList for the Web. Use AnyList on your Mac or PC.
• AnyList for Apple Watch. Quickly access your lists on your wrist.
• Recipe Web Import. Save recipes you find on the web to AnyList
• Meal Planning Calendar. Plan your meals and shopping for the coming week.
• List Item Photos. Add a photo to list items. For shared lists, photos can be viewed by everyone sharing the list.
• Recipe Photos. Add a photo to your recipes, instead of being limited to icons.
• Recipe Scaling. Quickly scale ingredient quantities up or down.
• Item Prices. Stick to your budget by adding prices to items.
• Stores & Filters. Assign items to stores and quickly filter your list by store.
• List Themes. Apply themes to your lists, with custom fonts, textures, and color.
• List Folders. Create folders to organize lists and reduce clutter.
• Location-Based Reminders. Get reminders when near a store or other location.
• List Passcode Lock. Protect your lists from casual snooping.
==== CONTACT US ====
We'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
AnyList includes icons from icons8.com.
AnyList v5.9.3 includes a number of bug fixes.
AnyList v5.9 introduces a number of major changes to categories. Categories are now maintained on a per-list basis, which means categories in shared lists will stay in sync for all users of the list. In addition, renaming a category in one of your lists won't impact the categories in your other lists.
Since users of a shared may have previously had different categories for a shared list, after updating to AnyList v5.9 you may see categories in your shared lists appear in a different order than before and / or items in shared lists may appear in different categories than in previous versions of AnyList. Please see the FAQ here for more information:
AnyList v5.9 introduces the ability to duplicate a list.
AnyList v5.9 includes complications for the new Apple Watch Series 4 watch faces.
AnyList v5.9 improves support for the iPhone XS Max and new iPad Pros.
Full release notes can be viewed here:
Thank you for using AnyList and if you have any questions or suggestions for improving the app, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Finally, The List I Needed
For over two years, I’ve been seeking the perfect shopping list app, and finally, I found AnyList! No more cursing about apps that don’t even alphabetize items, don’t allow edits, or clutter up my screen with useless cutesy graphics. AnyList is rich in features, including the ability to: create new items or edit standard ones, placing them alphabetically in categories of my choice: keep all items in an inventory until I tap the ones I need; associate each item with a particular store; enter the price of each item if desired; make the items in the shopping list disappear (or not—my choice) as they are checked off. Oh, and the double-click feature in the shopping list prevents me from accidentally deleting an item before I really mean to. I haven’t even begun to access the app’s ability to access recipes I download from the internet. I’m wondering how I would input my old cookbook recipes, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the app provides a way to do that too. The design is clean, not gimmicky. The support is timely, friendly and helpful. I did buy the upgraded version for $7.99, though I still have to explore how doing so makes a difference. I just felt the whole app was well worth that minor expense. I am now going to delete all my old, not-quite-ideal shopping lists, ‘cause this is the only one I need!
Hands down best list app.
Rarely do I write app reviews but this app is so awesome it is worth taking the time to share my experience. I have used SplashShopper for over 10 years but they abandoned updating the app so it is not compatible with iOS 11. I was dismayed at the thought of having to find a new app and spent a few weeks trying about a dozen of the better ones. It turned out to be a blessing that I needed to find a new app. AnyList does SO much more than I had before and the copy/paste feature made bringing in all my dozens of lists pretty painless. It did a good job of categorizing my grocery lists during paste. Even for lists that it did not know category, it is so easy to do bulk category change so was fast and easy. I have never used a recipe tool in a list app but have to say I LOVE it. Importing from all my fave recipe sites is a snap and then a few taps to get them in the grocery list is fantastic. The list share is amazing-saves so much time in past that my husband and I would spend syncing up our lists. Other great features are Apple Watch integration, adding photos and keeping track of prices. There is so much more. I started with free version but happily paid for family subscription-well worth it for all the time it will save me. This is a must have and we will use it daily. Thank you for all the hard work to create such a killer app.
Absolutely amazing app
I've been using the free version for two years and my husband has it on his phone also. Whenever I put something on the grocery list on my phone or iPad, it also is on his phone and he can see it when he goes to the store.
I purchased another recipe program for my PC two years ago and they kept raising the price every year, ($80), it has gotten so steep I could not afford it. Then I remembered this little app has a recipe file...and more. I figured for the money what did I have to lose so I bought the family plan, OH MY GOODNESS! It is amazingly easy and so full featured. I'm telling everyone I know. My only suggestion to the developer is that I want to send my recipes to an online site, Lulu I think it is, to print out recipe books for my children and grandchildren for Christmas next year. I'd like to see that featured added, if it is there, I have not seen it.. For me, one of the best apps I've purchased, and I purchase very few apps. I can also see my recipes on my tablet with this app.
It is so convenient, at the store when I remember I want to make something for dinner and I can't remember all the ingredients, my recipes are on my phone, I open the app, find the recipe and the list of ingredients are there. I can also add ingredients to my shopping list when in a recipe. You will love it.
- Purple Cover, Inc.
- 47 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2019 Purple Cover, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 12 Month AnyList Complete Individual Subscription $7.99
- 12 Month AnyList Complete Family Subscription $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.