TruePublic is a social polling app that allows you to anonymously share your opinions and instantly see what other people think on various topics based on their gender, age, race, location, political leaning, and more.
Find out what people think about the topics that you are interested in or care about. Discover fun questions and get interesting stats about brands and celebrities, sports and politics, as well as relationships, entertainment, and lifestyle.
Although TruePublic is a completely anonymous polling app, it allows discovering what groups of people think. For example, you can find out what your friends, classmates, university peers, even students from rival universities think about the topics that you deeply care about. Note that the polling results are shown in group statistics only and there is no risk for leaking any kind of personal information or sensitive data. In this respect, TruePublic makes it possible to stay honest without the risk of being harassed or bullied.
Submit your own questions
You can submit your own question ideas to TruePublic and once they are approved, you can see how people vote on them. This way, you will not miss a single thing that is in the scope of your interests.
Due to the anonymity it provides, TruePublic has the full potential to encourage democracy, freedom of speech, open data, and anti-bullying.
Share an honest opinion. Make your vote count!
Should you have any questions, comments, ideas, make sure to share them with us through email@example.com.
- The TruePublic Team :)
Minor bug fixes and improvements to make your experience better.
Ratings and Reviews
Clean, concise and more fun than you think
I have downloaded/tried almost a 1000 apps. Some I use once and never touch again. Others have become daily uses for me. I only mention the number of apps to indicate the number of user experiences I’ve played with, and this ranks very near the top. It’s simple, it’s clean, with intuitive navigation and it’s surprisingly satisfying to get the instant results from every question.
As others have mentioned, I do think there are updates to demographics that are necessary to go mainstream, but I see that they are making updates along these lines as well.
I give it 4 stars just so I have room to give it five when some of the new updates come through.
Developer Response ,
Thanks! Awesome review. We've got some exciting updates coming soon. Stay tuned!
Tremendous Concept and Design But Needs Work
I am going to leave the app two stars just because I want it to get some attention:
1) You absolutely must include the total number of votes. Otherwise, there is no way meaningful way to interpret the data. One solution is to have a separate window for descriptive stats on each question such as number of votes from each category (age, gender, political affiliation, etc...)
2) Move the "Skip" button to the bottom of the window. With large phones it can get annoying to reach the skip button when you're browsing through questions.
3) When you select a question category, provide a list of all the questions in that category instead of randomly cycling through the questions
4) Include Generation Z and include more races. The current list of races is not exhaustive and excludes a huge population of people that don't identify as either white, black, or asian
5) Improve the categorization of topics. At the moment they are far too broad. Needs to be narrowed down or implement feedback #3 above.
This app has incredible potential. But to reach its peak it needs the improvements mentioned above
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for this feedback. We have to admit that we agree on virtually every point. We are working on all of these and will have a much faster update schedule in the coming weeks. If you think of any other ideas, please reach out to our team. :)
Next big thing
Honestly I didn’t know what to think of TruePublic at first, but at this point it’s become an addiction! I love being able to see where my answers fit in within my demographic and location, and my friends and I are always sending each other the best questions we see. Plus, it’s an app you can use with friends in real life! It’s fun to ask the questions to a big group of friends and see everybody discuss/argue haha. Great app! Looking forward to future updates!
- TruePublic Inc.
- 46.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 TruePublic Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.