APM: Marketplace Radio
By American Public Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Can’t get enough of Marketplace’s unique view and reporting on the global economy? The newly-updated Marketplace iPhone app gives you the ability to listen to all the Marketplace programs -- plus create and build your own custom Marketplace show, by assembling a playlist of stories that interest you. Read and listen to global headlines from the Morning Report, insights on the changing digital landscape from Marketplace Tech, and the in-depth reporting and interviews you expect from our flagship show, Marketplace with Kai Ryssdal. Plus we’ve built a version of the app specifically for the iPad.
What's New in Version 2.2
- Added full iOS Voiceover compatibility for blind and low vision audiences
- Updated push notifications for easier management in iOS8
- Added ability to pause audio from lock screen
- Audio pauses when headphones are unplugged
- Simplified offline state, making it less sensitive when an iPad loses Wi-Fi connection
- Added fallback alarm clock alert when connectivity is lost
Now up to 5 stars with v2.3
2nd review update:
I've added a star to give them a total of 5 stars now. they did a good job making some better audio support that most other apps have. You can now pause/play from the lock screen and auto resume when connecting to Bluetooth in a car for example. I listen to 2 or 3 of the marketplace pod casts every morning on my way to work, and it's nice to see it pick up right where I left off when I get back into the car. nice work app team. it's the little things ;)
Since this lay update it meet most of my key criteria.
- quick access to the Latest podcast. I use this app while driving, so the one touch playing is perfect.
- plays in the background. this is a must. in fact I am listening to the podcast while writing this review.
- access to all 4 marketplace podcasts on one screen, marketplace, money, morning, and midday.
- download/saves the podcast. nice touch. u don't have to redownload it if you have to stop the podcast suddenly.
- no longer crashes....
How to get that 5 star review...
- add in a fast forward/rewind. if this option exists, it is not intuitive to find. if I wanna go back 60 seconds I have no idea how to.
I would give this a negative star if I could. I listen to podcast only offline, with this new version I can no longer tell whether the episode is downloaded or not. I don't think it's possible to listen to it offline at all, every time I clicked on a "saved story" offline, it starts downloading. it can't download because I am offline, of course. If any stories were saved, they were erased by that action of downloading anyway. It seems that there's no real "saved stores", they are merely bookmarks. I was able to save episodes with the old version, why did I download this new version? It ruins the listening completely! Fix this please! Or at least put up the old version. It would save my live if I can get the old version back. Don't they test the app before releasing it? You truly get what you pay for.
The main frustration I have with the app is how slow the picture for each story loads and interrupts my place when reading/scanning the stories. It is very annoying when it happens for each story in the list.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 23, 2015
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Public Media
- © American Public Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.