Apollo 11: The Game
By DHX Media (Toronto) Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Forty years ago, the first man landed on the moon. Now relive the epic adventure on your iPhone with Apollo 11: The Game – created in collaboration with NASA. Take a trip to the moon and find yourself in the seat of one of the greatest events in the history of mankind.
Using the unique iPhone specific controls, take command of various mission vehicles, such as the flying bedstead, command module and lunar module, recreated with care in 3D.
- The only Apollo Mission iPhone game created in collaboration with NASA
- Guide the mission from liftoff to splashdown over 7 levels:
• Train for your mission with the Flying Bedstead
• Carefully extract the Lunar Module (LM)
• Perform precision midcourse corrections
• Challenge your intuition and land on the moon with the Lunar Module
• Re enter the Earth’s atmosphere
• And more!
- Earn mission patches with a full-featured achievement system that tracks all your accomplishments. Can you complete them all?
- Full 3D environments and vehicles modeled from scratch with care.
- Audio from the Apollo 11 mission.
- Control various spaceships using the accelerometer.
- Dive right into the training and lunar landing levels… unlocked at the start.
- Unlock remaining levels through story mode and play your favorite part of the mission.
- Archival mission imagery from NASA collection.
- Auto save/resume from last level completed.
• Actual Apollo landing spots
• Freeplay sandbox mode
Follow Apollo 11: The Game on Twitter and be the first to hear about new updates, upcoming features and contests! http://www.twitter.com/apollo11game
Or visit us on our website: http://www.apollo11game.com
What's New in Version 1.3
- Fixed some texture bugs
- Fixed the achievements
- Updated with new engine to run faster and lighter.
This is Amazing!!!! But...
As an enthusiast, this is an amazing App. There was a distinct challenge at first, and there is a distinct learning curve to it (I actually pulled a Niel Armstrong and crashed the Flying Bedstead!). But once I got the hang of it, it was great and fun! The way they turned the different phases into a game was excellent. It would have been awesome if they made one for the launch, but you can't get everything you want. I got really scared during the reentry, though, as the control scheme did rear its ugly clunky head and almost killed me! However, the fact that the mission profile disappeared the second the phase finished loading really irked me.
Despite all this, I am really enjoying this app. For those who are enthusiasts of all things NASA, this is something that I would definetly recommend. For those who aren't, well...
...resistence is futile.
great game that interacts with real video from the apollo11 missions. when playing, it is like taking you back in time...superb audio and amazing game graphics. controls are hard at first, but with a little bit of practice, you will get the hang of it.
one exciting game play was when you control the capsule re-entering earth and you have to guide it to a landing zone after the parachutes launch; right after touchdown, real video from the mission took over, and I felt as though i was there when the capsule hit the waters. what a great feeling.....awesome gameplay. I give it 6 stars out of 5......:)
Pretty darn enjoyable
Not perfect, but nice combination of movie clips, game play, and historical interest. Some missions are not good adaptations and after your first completed mission, game is pretty much played out. But fun nevertheless. I'm just glad there's a game based off one of humanity's greatest accomplishment vs. the other junk out there.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 05, 2010
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 143 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DHX Media (Toronto) Ltd.
- © 2009 Decode Entertainment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.