"Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo." - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"The best Reddit app for iOS" - The Sweet Setup
"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
Hey all, got some nice fixes and tweaks specifically around the new phones. Big ol' update right around the corner too!
- Better support for new iPhones (XS, XS Max, XR)
- Fix for a log in crash for some users
- Fix where for some users Apollo Pro wouldn't restore properly
- Made some buttons a little more legible
- Fixed Japanese/Pinyin/etc. keyboard input issues
- Feed now properly refreshes on account change
- When sharing a Reddit URL it now no longer prompts you the next time you launch the app to open it (how silly was that?)
- Lots of other small tweaks and fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Best app ever?
Seriously this is the best app I’ve ever used. Sleek, responsive, super easy to use, destroys the competition and best of all its freeeeee. And the pro version of the app is 100% worth it unless you don’t reddit on mobile that often and even then I think it’s hella worth. Now I use my mobile to surf reddit instead of my desktop lol.
Just a few notes I wanted to leave for the dev. Just nip pick stuff nothing serious. 1.) Is there anyway you could make the upvote and downvote buttons slightly bigger..? I find myself fat fingering and opening things that are already right in front of me. 2.) I had trouble tipping to upgrade to pro when I tried. Idk if it’s on your end or stupid Apple Pay crap but when I would click the tips it would just forever lag. I tried multiple times and after several attempts today I finally got it to go through. Just figured it was worth checking into Incase it’s happening to others too. 3.) The only thing missing in the comment selector(three lil dots) is a block the user option. That’s the only problem I’ve had with this app really and I’d really like to see that added at some point.
Thanks for all your hard work and great job on a fantastic app. Who knows maybe reddit will wise and make Apollo the official reddit app and stop trying to compete with real deal 🤟
One small problem as of recently
So I've been using this app essentially from when it was created and I have and still do absolutely love. I only use a fraction of all the features it has to offer and even still it is by far the best Reddit mobile experience I've seen.
However, for the past week or so there's been a reoccurring glitch that has been incredibly frustrating. I'm using an iPhone 7 running iOS 11.2.1 for the record. So this usually occurs after I've been using the app for at least 10-15 minutes continuously. I'll be a few dozen posts down through my home page or one specific subreddit and suddenly I'll lose the ability to click on posts. I can scroll through the subreddit, click on the thumbnail, vote, and even use haptic touch or whatever it's called. But I can't click in a way that brings me to the post's "page" and thus there's no way I can view more than the top couple comments. The problems seems to fix itself temporarily when I force close the app and come back, but then I lose my place in the subreddit or on my home page. It's a very annoying problem on an app that has otherwise worked perfectly.
Please fix soon, and my rating will go back up to 5 stars.
Getting dangerously close...
Just upgraded to 1.1.5 and as I was expecting some additional functionality, the update from 1.1.1 appears to be a step backwards. Running iOS 11.2.1 on an iPhone X, there are bugs explicitly mentioned in the change log which have been made worse, specifically the filtering from r/All (shows as filtered via button change but not added to filter list, nor able to manually enter a subreddit to the list). The four new icons have an error when applying (a popup actually comes up to contact the developer if I’m seeing the message, and the issue persists). There are just a few things missing which will allow me to delete Alien Blue once and for all. A gallery mode based on the current subreddit, and the ability to use gestures to filter subreddits from r/All are nearly the only things keeping me from permanently switching to Apollo. Also from a UI perspective, in compact mode, lines to break up posts are probably not necessary, as each post is identical in height, and merely an appropriate amount of white/black space between posts should suffice.
Keep up the great work!
- Christian Selig
- 57.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Christian Selig 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Apollo Pro $2.99
- Apollo Pro $4.99
- Apollo Pro $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.