"Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo." - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"The best Reddit app for iOS" - The Sweet Setup
"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
[Take 2 at this update, small bug let through in the first one, I shall wear my dumb dumb hat.]
I've got a Christmas gift coming a few days early for y'all! This one's a pretty big update featuring an amazing holiday themed icon from the super talented Qi Sandor, as well as a ton of bug fixes that have been making the holiday season a little less merry.
- Our monthly new icon is a gorgeous new holiday themed icon by the amazingly talented Qi Sandor. "Ye Snow Guardian"
- Basically rewrote the code around tables in Apollo (commonly used in sports subreddits to display scores, stats, and whatnot) to create a much better experience. In addition to some annoying bugs disappearing, there's a ton of great features like a sticky top-header that stays to give you context as you scroll, a similar sticky left column so as you scroll left-to-right through a wide set of data you can keep your context too. Oh, and the columns are sortable too, simply tap one of the headers to sort that column, which is great for rearranging data to better understand or visualize what's going on.
- Bug around where the app could crash on sign in and subsequent launches.
- Bug where submitting comments and posts could freeze the app a little bit, now submitting posts and comments should be faster with immediately let you go onto your next task of viewing kitten GIFs (just me?)
- Bug where Streamable videos would sometimes only have audio for the first few seconds before the video showed up. Also fixed a Streamable bug around some videos not being recognized.
- Zooming in the media viewer is a lot smoother and just all around better, in that if a higher quality version of the image finishes downloading, it no longer resets zoom position, you can even keep zooming smoothly if the image is downloaded while you're still zooming, it'll just swap it in seamlessly.
- Bug where you'd try to swipe away the media viewer but it would just bounce.
- Bug where sometimes the media viewer would jump to the top left of the picture (whatchu doin up there?).
- Weird bug where collapsing a comment after voting could cause it to lose its vote. This was thankfully just a visual glitch (all votes were still going through) but it was still a silly one, so glad to have that fixed.
- Bug where tapping on a link could result in a 404 error due to the URL text being decoded improperly, so now all URLs (even the weird ones) should load beautifully.
- Bug where a mysterious floating box would obstruct the content for seemingly no reason.
- Bug where apostrophes and other characters when inside a comment spoiler would be rendered incorrectly.
- Bug where some pictures would flash briefly before showing the higher resolution image.
- Bug where when in landscape or with a really tall/fullscreen GIF the progress bar would be in a weird location, it's now been convinced to stay closer to the bottom WHERE IT BELONGS.
- Bug where certain Reddit URLs if tapped would bring you to the wrong location. One of them just brought you to a random r/Vancouver post! sup vancouver
- Bug where unsubscribing was kinda weird, in that after you unsubscribed the status wouldn't really update properly, now your action should be properly reflected in the app.
- Fixed bug where when you rotated GIFs occasionally black magic would occur.
- Lots of other small fixes and tweaks.
Hope you all have an awesome holiday season, from Christmas to Hanukkah to Kwanzaa to any other one! You've seriously made my Christmas amazing with the incredible support you've given Apollo over the last year. It seriously makes my heart just full of happy. Y'all are the best.
If you're looking for an awesome gift for someone, or just to Treat Yo Self™, Apollo Pro or Ultra is the best way to say "I love you", "you're a great friend", or "thanks for that pie when my microwave exploded". Plus it helps me out to keep developing this app and making it better and better, your support is what keeps this app alive! Thank you!!
Ratings and Reviews
Best app ever?
Seriously this is the best app I’ve ever used. Sleek, responsive, super easy to use, destroys the competition and best of all its freeeeee. And the pro version of the app is 100% worth it unless you don’t reddit on mobile that often and even then I think it’s hella worth. Now I use my mobile to surf reddit instead of my desktop lol.
Just a few notes I wanted to leave for the dev. Just nip pick stuff nothing serious. 1.) Is there anyway you could make the upvote and downvote buttons slightly bigger..? I find myself fat fingering and opening things that are already right in front of me. 2.) I had trouble tipping to upgrade to pro when I tried. Idk if it’s on your end or stupid Apple Pay crap but when I would click the tips it would just forever lag. I tried multiple times and after several attempts today I finally got it to go through. Just figured it was worth checking into Incase it’s happening to others too. 3.) The only thing missing in the comment selector(three lil dots) is a block the user option. That’s the only problem I’ve had with this app really and I’d really like to see that added at some point.
Thanks for all your hard work and great job on a fantastic app. Who knows maybe reddit will wise and make Apollo the official reddit app and stop trying to compete with real deal 🤟
Absolutely Stellar App, Developer is 🔥
Apollo is by far the most-used app on my phone (and now I have the ScreenTime reports to prove it). It is orders of magnitude better than the “official” reddit app and is superior in every way. It is fast and smooth and packed with features. I especially love that I can pick the theme I want, change the icon, and remove ads! The thing I hated most about the official app was the ads that were disguised as legitimate posts and with Apollo that’s all gone!
I bought the Pro upgrade months ago to gain access to additional features and it was one of the few in-app purchases I have never regretted or felt like wasn’t worth the cost. Today the developer released an update adding a bunch of new features that require a very reasonable (seems underpriced to be honest) monthly subscription, and like a true bro he has the option to unlock it for life with a onetime purchase! I hate monthly and even yearly subscriptions so I especially appreciated this option.
All that by itself should convince you that this app is worth it, but the thing that really seals the deal is the developer. He is amazing. Super active with feedback and very open in his communication about the status of the app’s development and requested features.
My favorite app for any device.
This app runs the smoothest out of most of my apps on my iPhone and iPad. It is SO user friendly. I bought the full version after about a month of using it, now I’m a solid year and a half or so of using this app. You can kind of pay what you want to support the developer (which by the way, is active in the Reddit community, and he constantly posts updates and speaks with the users of his app through the Apollo subreddit. He has even responded to me!)
What I love about Apollo is that there’s so much more to offer compared to ACTUAL Reddit apps made by Reddit. They ought to just hire this guy.
Anyway, I’ll leave it with this...give this app a shot, and before you know it you’ll be deleting all your other reddit clients. This is THE best Reddit app out there. TOTALLY worth putting a few bucks into the digital tip jar to unlock the premium features for the full version. I can confirm that it is a one time payment. Full version contains mainly cosmetic and customizable features...but if a few bucks to support this developer keeps this app running immaculately the way it does, I have no problem paying up.
- Christian Selig
- 65.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Christian Selig 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Apollo Pro $2.99
- Apollo Pro $4.99
- Apollo Ultra Monthly $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.