"Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo." - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"The best Reddit app for iOS" - The Sweet Setup
"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
Hey all, I present to you Apollo 1.4! An update with a bunch of highly requested features as well as some bug fixes. Hope you like it. :)
- Option to have subreddit specific sorting, where Apollo can remember preferred sorting preferences on a per subreddit basis. For example, if you want one subreddit to always be sorted by "New", but another to always be sorted by "Best", that power is now in your hands. There are separate options for both subreddit posts, and the comments themselves for the subreddit, in case you want those to be different.
- Along similar lines, you can now (optionally) have Apollo remember your post size preferences on a per subreddit basis. If you want some subreddits compact, while others large, go for it!
- A gorgeous new icon designed by the incredibly talented David Lanham is now available with the Ultra Pack. The Adventurer.
- Quick switching accounts is now possible by long-pressing the Accounts tab in the bottom tab bar.
- Support for Reddit Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Essentially Reddit replaced the previous "Reddit Gold" gifting system with three separate tiers of awarding a post, instead of just Gold. You now have Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The monthly Reddit Gold service itself is now Reddit Premium, which alongside the previous benefits you now get monthly coins that you can put toward gifting these Silver/Gold/Platinum awards for posts and comments.
- More browser support, including support for Firefox Focus, Brave, DuckDuckGo, and iCab Mobile.
- Twitter client support, if you'd like you can now choose to have all tweets open in Tweetbot, Twitterrific, or the official Twitter app.
- Apollo now shows if a comment was edited.
- Filters from r/All now also apply to r/Popular.
- After some emails I've decided that Ultra now automatically includes all the features of Pro automatically, you don't have to unlock both separately if you don't want to anymore. I initially kept the two separate because I wanted it to be clear that, well, they're separate services (Pro will not be going anywhere). But many people who were awesome and generous enough to contribute monthly, yearly or with a lifetime unlock to Ultra were confused that they still had to pay a few dollars for some other features, which admittedly didn't make the most sense in the end and I didn't want it to seem greedy. So hopefully that makes things a little more clear.
- Fixed bug that was preventing some GIFs from playing and just showing up blank.
- Lots of other small tweaks and bug fixes, per usual. :)
Thanks again as always, your support seriously means the world to me. Hope everyone who celebrates had a fantastic Thanksgiving, I'm certainly thankful for you amazing people who support Apollo, you're the best. :)
Ratings and Reviews
Worked fine for a few days than stopped
Recently came to iOS from android and a friend told me this was the go to reddit client. It seemed to work ok for a bit. Although I was put off by the payment scheme for features. All the sudden after three days of use it now crashes on launch. Like immediately, no warning, just opens shows the ui for a brief second and crashes. I’m on the XS dunno if it’s relevant.
Use a different app
Sometimes when i load something the app just crashes
Like when i sort by top > all time or saved posts
- Christian Selig
- 65.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Christian Selig 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Apollo Pro $2.99
- Apollo Pro $4.99
- Apollo Ultra Lifetime $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.