Designed from the ground up as a fast, efficient and feature rich media viewer. ApolloOne uses advanced Operating System features such as multi-threading, Grand Central Dispatch, and Core Image graphics to ensure app responsiveness.
1. Rapid viewing and culling of all photos/videos in the folder and subfolders by simply double clicking on a single photo anywhere on the system (if you have added Macintosh HD volume to Places).
2. Ultra-fast camera RAW preview engine.
3. Rotate, mirror, flip photos and video instantly.
4. Fluid Swipe photo viewing mode with Trackpad and Magic Mouse support (just like you would view photos on the iPhone or iPad).
5. Supercharged EXIF inspector with comprehensive information. You can change font size or perform quick search on the information on this screen.
6. Powerful slideshow function with 12 GPU-accelerated transition effects and many user configurable options. Slideshow runs on full screen or in a window(1).
7. Locate actual address by using GPS coordinates embedded in JPEG, RAW or video files. You can update (or add) GPS coordinates by simply dragging the pin to another location on the map.
8. Display camera AF points and detected faces and magnify them for checking focus and cycle through them quickly (on supported cameras).
9. Tag and rate files for copy / move / trash operation. You can tag or rate files quickly using keyboard shortcut keys. File rating uses IPTC/XMP compatible Rating field.
10. File filtering and sorting with 2-level sort key.
11. Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Sina Weibo, etc. and AirDrop.
12. User customizable Toolbar.
13. Context menu for frequently accessed functions and the ability to send the photo or camera RAW file to an external editor.
14. Spotlight indexing of photos, with address location and user selectable EXIF info for indexing. Photos can be searched quickly via Finder.
15. Accurately capture video frame as JPEG from video, including 4K video.
OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Pixel Perfect Photo (PPP) scaling engine with Lanczos filtering.
- Advanced file caching for fast photo browsing.
- Quick EXIF info simply by glancing at the status bar.
- Zoom ratio and pan position are maintained when viewing across photos in the list.
- Full support of Trackpad, Magic Mouse, and 3rd party mouse with scroll wheel (swiping, pinch zooming, panning, rotation)(2).
- Support retina displays.
- Support various color spaces, including sRGB, Adobe RGB and ProPhoto RGB.
- Support drag-and-drop of multiple files and folders into the main window and dock icon.
- Support SRT subtitle file for video playback.
- Ability to delete the camera RAW file together with the JPEG file, or delete just the RAW file, leaving the JPEG file alone. Files can be recovered from the Trash with the Put Back function(3).
- Unique HUD display - maximizes image display area.
- Support playback of videos taken with most digital cameras(4). You can pan and zoom the video with the trackpad during video playback.
- Ability to play animated GIF files.
- Focal length conversion to 35mm film. The app has built-in support for over 6000 digital cameras.
- UI is localized in 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and Korean).
- macOS version 10.9 (Mavericks) to 10.14 (Mojave).
1. Slideshow in a window is not supported on macOS 10.10 (Yosemite).
2. Two-finger zooming and image rotation with arbitrary angle are only available on Mac with a Trackpad.
3. User script needs to be installed via the Preferences panel in order to enable the Trash Put Back feature.
4. AVCHD video codec (.mts files) is currently only supported on macOS 10.11 El Capitan, 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra and 10.14 Mojave.
- NEW! User defined Metadata Source for managing metadata.
- NEW! Rotate multiple images in Contact Sheet mode (full version purchase required).
- NEW! Edit macOS Extended Attributes/IPTC/XMP metadata (see "Edit > Edit Metadata").
- NEW! User defined custom labels for Finder tags (see Preferences... > Metadata).
- NEW! Inspector File Filter panel.
- Extended attributes are now fully preserved when updating an image file's metadata.
- Updates RAW engine to support more cameras.
- Updates ExifTool to version 11.27.
- Various enhancements and bug fixes.
Love ApolloOne? Please give us a review! We're reading every comment, review, and your thoughts and suggestions will help us improve ApolloOne.
Need help or want to send us feedback? Please contact us from our website. We can't respond to App Store reviews so please email if something seems broken.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome - Exactly what I wanted
Faced with Adobe software that won’t work with the next MAC-OS upgrade and a large photo library, I have been desparately looking at ways to accomplish a basic photo management scheme on my own, using the MAC OS native indexing to store, search and filter metadata, keywords, etc. Something that won’t go obsolete if a software package goes obsolete or becomes too expensive.
I was looking at a simple photo viewer to help accomplish this task when I found ApolloOne. Amazingly, it does everything I am trying to accomplish and it is up to date and already works with the next version of the MAC OS. I can think of a few minor update requests that I will send to the developer, but overall I am very pleased. I can set this up in a way that will not damage my photo libraries. I am not sure if I will use the interface to move libraries, safer to do that in the file system I think.
I think this app, by it’s structure, will not have the destructive results caused by some OpenSource PhotoManagers- but it always pays to back up.
I bought the Pro Version of ApolloPro.
I am using SilkyPix DS PRO 8E for all my photoediting going forward, I have used SilkyP for years in addition to Adobe Products for both my Panasonic and Nikon cameras.
Changed My Work Flow
I’ve always had issues with Lightroom when it came to viewing my raw images—Until of course I purchased Apollo! I’ve tried them all, including Photo Mechanic, but AOne is without a doubt the best of the lot, and is almost a steal at these prices. I cull my pics quickly and the app has nice little features like a way to check where your focus point was so you can figure out if you are having any focusing difficulties.
I had some issues at first, but Albert did a fantastic job of getting me up and running. Who said that a small developer can’t offer excellent support?
Get this App, it will make your photo processing so much smoother.
Don't change a thing...
Ok, Just one. use the greyed out slider in the upper right to resize the contact sheet images. They are a bit small for me.
Other than that, This view is perfect for my work flow. Simple, fast, complete. If you are looking for a replacement for an aging viewer (Bridge, ViewIt, Graphic Converter, Qpict) and like me, don't want to be tied to iPhoto, This is the one. Easily and intuitively move through a pile of images. Identify the ones that are interesting, and move/copy them for continued work. I'm looking forward to using this one for quite a while (I hope).
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the 5-star review! The ability to resize the thumbnails in Contact Sheet mode is one of the items being looked at. Unfortunately, we do not store the thumbnails on your HDD, so everything is done on the fly. Most image files have embedded low res thumbnails, and we simply grab them so that thumbnails can be generated as quickly as possible. In order to resize the thumbnail, we'll need to generate a high res version based on the image itself, and it is time consuming, and will slow down the display of Contact Sheet considerably. So either that or we'll have to store a copy of the thumbnail somewhere on the HDD, like in a database.
- Anogeissus Limited
- 16.1 MB
- OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2018 Anogeissus Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.