App Cleaner is a tool to delete apps on Mac without leaving any leftovers. The program finds applications’ service and temporary files and the remains of already removed apps, allowing you to change and disable login items, manage Mac extensions, clean up and uninstall Mac apps.
Clean up and uninstall on Mac with ease.
Use App Cleaner to remove programs from Mac completely, including all their hidden service files, so as to stop remains eating up precious space on your disk. You do not need to spend time searching for junk files and removing app’s leftovers manually. This app remover does the legwork for you and does it quickly and efficiently.
MAIN FEATURES OF APP CLEANER:
• Preview installed applications and extensions
• Find out real disk space occupied by apps
• Find all installed browser extensions and internet plugins
• Preview all startup programs: login items, launch agents, system daemons
• Disable apps from running at system startup
• Add folders for applications and extensions search
• Remove apps' leftovers
• Remove system extensions (PRO mode)
• Drag & Drop unneeded applications for fast uninstalling
OPTIMIZE MAC PERFORMANCE BY:
• deleting apps' hidden files that take up performance resources
• deleting debris of apps that were simply put into Trash
• managing all types of service files (caches, logs, preferences, etc.)
• removing unneeded System Extensions (PRO mode)
• removing login items and disabling startup programs
• removing unneeded browser extensions and internet plugins
BENEFITS OF APP CLEANER FREE:
• Preview all installed apps
• Preview hidden applications' service and temporary files
• Remove applications' service and temporary files
• Reset apps to first-run state
• Reset app preferences
• Preview installed extensions and widgets
• Disable launch agents and startup items to speed up Mac startup
• Remove Remains - broken service files
BENEFITS OF APP CLEANER PRO:
• Block banner ads
• Remove system extensions
• Remove executable part of apps, uninstall apps
HOW TO CLEAN UP PROGRAMS ON MAC
1. Select an application.
2. Tick unneeded temporary files, caches, logs.
3. Click the Remove or Remove Service Files button*.
*The app’s state and data will be reset.
HOW TO UNINSTALL PROGRAMS ON MAC
1. Select the unneeded application.
2. Click the Remove or Uninstall (available in PRO) button.
3. Confirm the removal.
* If you use the FREE mode, then you need to go to the Applications folder and delete the executable file of the app from there.
**Some applications cannot be removed because they require administrator privileges. In this case, switch to the Finder and delete the application file to Trash manually to completely uninstall the application on Mac.
Looking for the most efficient way to uninstall apps on Mac?
Use App Cleaner - the best applications cleaner and uninstaller for Mac.
Save time when removing unneeded apps. App Cleaner will find all the service files and remove unneeded applications from Mac without leaving a trace.
NOTE: If you have any comments, general or technical issues, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond within one business day.
* Improved and optimized for the latest macOS
* Added a support of the following languages: French, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish.
* Improved the search for the programs and their removal, including their service files and the levtovers of previously deleted programs.
* Added an option to specify the folders where the programs are located.
* Added a support for the folders in the Skip List.
* Added an ability to find and remove program aliases.
* Improved the general statistics display for the installed programs.
* Improved the overall quality and the interaction of the program with the user.
Ratings and Reviews
As good as or better than the more popular “app cleaner"
I almost downloaded and purchased what looks like the more popular App Cleaner in the App store. Always looking for the best apps in all categories, I rely heavily on reviews. Knowing some devs and companies pay for thier reviews or solicit them in other manipulative ways, that is not my only criteria. I had already used this app in the past and knew I liked it. The other app charges $9.99 for the “pro” version. All the free version does (for both apps) is scan the computer. If you want to actually remove the files, you have to pay for the “pro” version. While that is a little pricey for this type of tool, I have paid more for apps that do less, if I want them bad enough. Before I committed, I figured I would give this app one more try. I’m so glad I did!! Thefre is no possible way that the other app is any more thorough than this little work horse. It’s fast, has a small footprint, and not only scans the application folder, but also the system service files and removes them as well. Once I saw the much more affordable price tag of $3.99 for this pro version, I knew I was making the right choice and committed without hesitation. Thank you for not being a greed monster Sergiy Savenko @ Nektony!
Essential - Should be included in
- Short summarized review - If you like keeping your computer as streamlined as possible and the idea of random useless files left behind by apps even if you 'deleted' them, get the app. -
- Detailed review - I had no idea how much junk was left behind every time that I 'deleted' an app. This app is also great for generally resetting applicatioms back to their 'default' state. For instance, I was having a very irritating problem with the photos app on the latest macOS version I just installed (Mohave). It would just crash as soon as I opened it and I couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong. I finally decided to use this app to search for everything related to the app (application cache, log files, photo library ... etc) and I just deleted everything. Everything works perfectly now. app is so useful for anything from removing all the crap left behind when you 'delete' an app to resetting applications to their default settings (troubleshooting). Honestly I don't buy in-app purchases for anything but I actually bought the $4.99 upgrade thing. -
Works great and removed Outlook 2016 on my Mac
Downloaded and purchased the Pro version right awaying after going through the reviews and seeing so many positive ones about this app. There are a lot of apps out on the internet that claim to remove apps, but I was hesitant of them since I didn’t trust them and didn’t see any reviews on them.
FYI - to remove programs, you’ll need to purchase the Pro version for $4.99. For the price, it’s worth it. I’ve been wanting to uninstall Outlook 2016 on my MAC since I don’t use it and was looking for an app that would completely remove Outlook along with all associated files in the /Library folder without me having to manually go through folders. It appears this app worked and I checked through the /Library folders and did not see any traces of Outlook files. Also, this app found leftover files of apps I previously deleted so another “thumbs up”! The interface is easy to use!!
- Sergiy Savenko
- 17.2 MB
- OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Nektony: App Cleaner & Uninstaller
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.