*** "A truly innovative app which certainly achieves its aim of finding a new way to let you make music." - AskAudio ***
*** "They said they would expand my musical imagination…and they succeeded. The future is here and its name is KRFT." - How To Make Hip Hop ***
*** "I haven't been able to put this thing down for days" - 9to5Mac ***
*** App of the Week - Stuff.tv ***
◆ A Modular Instrument for Music Production ◆
KRFT is a modular instrument for expressive music production that we built to challenge the two decade old paradigm of the multi-track DAW.
Designed from the ground up with a focus on live experimentation and expressive interactions, KRFT will inspire you to make music that would normally be out of reach.
Rather than being confined to a fixed interface KRFT lets you create a surface that suits your musical needs whether you're building an experimental groove box or composing an entire track.
Use it standalone with its powerful internal audio engine or with your studio & MIDI enabled gear, such as Ableton Live or Logic Pro X.
◆ Produce & perform from one expressive interface ◆
KRFT is a canvas for your musical ideas that can be controlled and interpreted on the fly. Recorded loops, custom samples, dials and more can all be controlled from one unified interface. This structure lends itself to live play, each performance being unique and instinctive.
◆ Craft your masterpiece – piece by piece ◆
Build your canvas from musical cells, each shape with a different behaviour. Loops provide the core of your composition and dials, morphs and fills allow you to add flair and excitement. Group cells to give your track structure ― build as much or as little as you need.
◆ Tweak and refine your sound ◆
KRFT is all about customizability. Editing your recordings or sequencing notes is quick and easy in the Matrix and fine adjustments to the sounds and cell interactions can be edited directly from within the app – no need for external software.
◆ Control other apps, software and hardware ◆
- Send MIDI from KRFT to any DAW e.g. Ableton & Logic Pro
- Sync up with other devices and apps using Ableton Link
- AudioBus Audio & MIDI support
- Use KRFT as a source with Inter-App Audio
- Import your own samples and export your recordings to other apps
*** iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad Mini Retina or newer supported ***
Help us build the future of music production. Send your thoughts and ideas to email@example.com and connect with us on Twitter & Instagram @StudioAmplify
- Compatibility fixes for iPhone X
- Updated Audio Bus SDK to 3.0.3
Ratings and Reviews
It is a new way of creating your own jam.
Essential iOS production tool
I don’t even use the included sound engine that much and this is still one of my top three iOS music production apps. Krft is my main sequencer/arranger on the iPad. I’ve had sync issues with AUM but have found that changing sample rate to 48k in AUM causes perfect long term sync. I hope a fix is possible to improve 441k sample rate sync but until then it’s a minor issue I can work with.
The two main reasons krft shines over other midi sequencers for me:
The piano roll/step sequencer layout is just perfect. It’s not fiddly, there aren’t excessive menus and options, and most importantly there’s no zooming in and out and trying to input notes into tiny squares. It’s better than any other iOS sequencer in this regard.
Second is the key pads for playing notes. They’re so elegantly and simply laid out. I swear iOS devs love making their apps ugly and unnecessarily unique. This is exactly how they should be laid out.
My only complaint is that if left unused it often freezes in the background and needs to be restarted. And midi note velocity going to 127 would be nice as well.
Krft devs, please don’t abandon this app, it along with AUM is the center of my iOS production setup. You’ve created something great.
I own every major music making app for the iPhone, and this easily tops them all. It’s easy and fun to use and is a great sketch pad OR even a great tool for creating complete pieces!
- Studio Amplify Ltd
- 22.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Studio Amplify
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.