A soul-searching adventure about life’s precious moments, broken dreams, and changed plans.
Over 17 International Awards, including:
- Apple Design Award (USA)
- Emotional Game Award (France)
- Innovation Award (Brazil)
- Best Art Award (Japan)
- A powerful and emotional narrative told only through imagery
- Gorgeously whimsical landscapes with hand-drawn art and animations
- Handcrafted, pressure-free puzzles
- Unique landscape-shaping mechanic
- A compact game experience perfect for a wanderlust-evoking escape
- Original and emotionally compelling soundtrack by SCNTFC
"A gorgeous experience." - TouchArcade (10/10)
"An absolute joy to look at and play" - The Guardian
"A whimsical poem" - Polygon (8/10)
- Smaller install size for iPad, iPad Air and 9.7" iPad Pro (2016)
- We fixed a bug with the train
Ratings and Reviews
An Apple Design Award winner, this moving puzzler proves sometimes the best stories don’t need words. Developer Broken Rules has created a hand-drawn world that bubbles with whimsy and heart. Altering the landscape to reveal hidden paths makes for fascinating, peaceful gameplay. We love exploring the storybook settings and uncovering each touching memory. It’s unforgettable, and we’d move mountains just to relive the experience.
Extremely boring “gameplay”
I’ve had this game on my wishlist forever. Let’s just say I’m glad I bought it on sale for $.99 and not at the full $4.99 price. I found myself really bored throughout the entire game but I had spent money so I was committed, hoping the gameplay would become more of a challenge at one point or another.... I wouldn’t even call it a “game”. It’s really just a full-on STORY that you kind of walk through. But you aren’t really interacting with the story at all. He’s just hiking. That’s it, he’s just taking a nice little stroll through the hills thinking of his life. Literally y’all, that’s it. The graphics are INCREDIBLE and stunning which is the only reason I even gave it 2 stars but you just drag the ground to make him hop from one area to another. Sometimes you have to move some sheep out of the way, that’s about the extent of the challenge. Maybe this is a real life story game and this is a tribute to a father or grandfather or something??? I’m not sure but either way, hindsight, if I would have known, I would have skipped this one.
Sorry 😬 it had so much potential...I think.
The music, graphics, and storytelling are fantastic. I played through the entire game in one day because I couldn’t put it down.
However, part of the reason I finished so quickly is because there just aren’t enough levels to justify the price for most people. Artwork/music take time and resources and making more levels may ruin the game’s simplicity, but I can see why some people were frustrated after purchasing this.
Another thing is the gameplay. I personally enjoyed it. Most games on the App Store I have played are action packed and full of stimulants, but this game was nothing like that. Playing was relaxing and satisfying. I also appreciate all the details in the game. I spent a lot of time tapping random things to make plants rustle, doors open, waterfalls whoosh, etc. imho this game is not for young kids because it is true that the gameplay is just moving mountains.
This is a small point but I just want to say that sometimes you don’t know what to do. You have to tap on something very specific but I’m too stupid to find it quickly.
I’m not sure if I got my point across, so in conclusion I loved the game despite its flaws and I highly recommend buying it
- Broken Rules Interactive Media GmbH
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Broken Rules Interactive Media GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.