You found the lost phone of a woman named Anna. In it, you see a desperate cry for help in the form of a video message. The phone behaves strangely as you dive deeper into it. You talk to her friends and they have no idea where she is. Her texts, emails and photo gallery provides fragments of information. It's up to you to piece it together.
About the Game
SIMULACRA is an immersive narrative thriller using the interface of a mobile phone. Like all phones, you have messages, emails, gallery and all kinds of apps to look through. With a strong focus on realism, the game's characters are played by live actors and shot at real locations. Dive into Anna's life as you look at her private photos, go through her dating app or view her personal video logs.
- Explore a fully realised world through the lens of a mobile phone.
- Enjoy a unique gameplay experience through popular phone apps, including a dating app, a social media app and a web browser.
- An expansive narrative with hours of gameplay that leads to 5 possible endings.
- Filmed with live actors and an extensive VO cast.
- Solve the recurring image and text decryption puzzles to learn more about Anna’s story.
- NEW: Optimised for iPhone X
- NEW: You can now enable subtitles in the Help menu
- Fixed BEGIN+ not appearing after first playthrough.
- Fixed text alignment and video discoloration.
- Fix for devices running iOS 10 or lower from crashing.
Ratings and Reviews
This game is beyond good. Everything about it was well thought out. I like the idea of having a phone that you are free to do whatever you please with but still having a story goal that you must accomplish within the phone. I think what got me really hooked on this game was the characters. By reading the chats that Anna and her friends have tells you a lot about how Anna and the people she talks to really are. The connections that the characters have with Anna remind me of the connections Sara did from Sara is Missing. It still has that classic eerie theme about finding a missing person that was taken by some paranormal figure. This game is like and if not better than Sara is Missing. It’s amazing how good the actors are in the videos and that everything including pictures and vlogs contribute to the story and characters. To further this, the actors where so good that for a second I almost thought these were real events happening. It tricks you into thinking that they are real people on a real phone with a real crime. It shows how much you can learn about someone just by going through their phone. In conclusion I would highly recommend this game to anyone who is considering buying it. You will not have the slightest regret from investing time into this game. It is truly extravagant.
ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I’VE EVER PLAYED!
This is such a well done game. I love it. It was so thought through. Listen, if you like horror, then this game is for you! And, in my opinion, it was totally worth it to buy it. So if you are thinking about getting this game, buy it for sure. Tbh I almost peed my pants twice in this game. It has a lot of really cool jumpscares that make me jump out of my seat. It is well thought game and I feel like this is the only game I enjoy playing on my phone. All the recorded messages and pictures really made me tgink that there was a lot of effort in this game which makes me smile. If you’re a person who gets easily scared, then this game isn’t really recommend for you, if you’re feeling extra brave, then I encourage you to try it. It is a really great game. Also this game is not ment for the faint of heart and people who are easily disturbed. But the only down side to this is that I wish there were more ways to play the game and what I mean by that is that there are only 5 or 6 paths that you can play through this game, and once you played them all, it kinda feels like your $5 went down the drain. I would like at least 10 storylines at best, but all in all, I love this game.
Lame pictures and empty story
Id love a developer response about why the photos we’re uncovering are so lame. Really tired and boring things are discovered as you look for Anna. Amazingly, the pictures are even more banal than the average person’s most pointless selfies.
It bears mention that I left this review once before and the company found a way (perhaps by lying, or by filing a false report of indecent language?) to have the review deleted. I’ve said it again, hopefully they won’t lie to Apple (again?) to get a valid criticism removed. Getting some people who make creative use of the camera would not be a bad idea. It’s an extremely, jarringly mundane collection of emails and photos. A good idea and a lot of momentum—this would be a good opportunity for someone who was _actually creative_ to work on your project with you, but your group as it stands is just taking a lot of cat photos and uninteresting people smiling in shopping malls and passing it off as “ooooh, you unlocked content!” Such a wasted opportunity, and the praise people are heaping on this is mind-boggling. Unless it’s mostly lies, which, since they are somehow able to delete their negative reviews, wouldn’t surprise me.
- KAIGAN GAMES OUe
- 309 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 Kaigan Games OÜ
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.