*** App Store Game Of The Day ***
*** Winner Best PC Game - DIGI Awards 2016 ***
*** Runner Up Best Indie Game - CVGAs 2016 ***
An epic space strategy RPG with base building, deep tactical combat, crew management, alien diplomacy, and emergent storytelling.
This Lightspeed Edition is a massively enhanced version of the Award Winning indie strategy RPG, Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander.
About Halcyon 6
On the edge of Terran space lies Halcyon 6, a derelict starbase left behind by a mysterious precursor race. Your mission is to reclaim the derelict station and rebuild it.A mysterious alien force is making a beeline towards Earth and this starbase is the best chance for the New Terran Federation to establish new alliances, research new technologies and otherwise figure out a way to stop the impending invasion.
Using only the resources you can salvage from the derelict station and gathered from nearby star systems, it’s up to you to rebuild the starbase to lead the Terran Republic’s scientific research, exploration and diplomatic efforts on the edge of known space.
Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition is a passion project whose design is inspired by our years spent playing classic games like Star Control, Master of Orion, X-COM, Civilization and new classics like FTL.
- Base Building: spend resources to build station facilities (rooms) to enhance your production and technological capabilities, or build ships to help you control more territory
- Exploration: assign your fleets to nearby star clusters, where they can handle emerging enemy threats, do missions for alien factions or secure bonus resources
- Crew Management: assign crew to station facilities to greatly improve their output efficiency, or to ships where they can contribute in unique ways to combat, missions and events
- Deep Tactical Combat: fight tactical ship or ground battles to resolve hostile events, create a foothold in the sector and ultimately defeat the enemy mothership!
- Story Events: based on game criteria like rooms-built, alien diplomacy scores or officer traits/skills, the game will produce story events (often with multiple choice outcomes) that can lead to combat, time-related applied bonuses/negatives, officer attribute changes or any number of crazy in-game stories.
Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition brings together the original Halcyon 6 base game along with all of the additional content (Combat & Customization, Diplomatic Diversions, Loot’em Up, and Morale Booster updates) released since launch in Sept 2016 as well as brand new Lightspeed Edition optimizations and features as follows:
- Greatly speeds up progression and tightens the campaign to an action and adventure packed 12 hrs depending on your play style and pace
Streamlined All Systems
- For faster progression, including economy, starbase, resources, and officer levelling.
New Officer Progression System
With 6 subclasses, 3 Prestige classes, new skill tree, and over 20+ new Prestige/Epic powers.
New Ship Loadout and Config Screen
- Will let you customize loadouts (and save them) for your ships just before entering combat
New Difficulty Mode
- Called Vice Admiral and slightly increased difficulty across the board
- Includes 25+ new alien faction space combat abilities, more combos for both players and enemies, increased faction weaknesses and resistances, and other balancing tweaks
New UI Overhaul
- Designed for greater readability and usability. Many many UI quality of life enhancements to all areas of the game, too many to list here.
Thank you for your ratings and reviews, making us App Store's Game of the Day!
Your support helps us to continually improve the game!
- Fixed stability issues caused by frequent reloading
- Various optimization improvements
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best games ever!
I had never played this game on Steam. I saw some info about it here on Touch Arcade and looked like fun as I enjoy these type of 4x games. I bought it when it first came out and finally got around to playing it last night. I have a back log on games yet to play. However as I said this one looked fight up my alley. I am so glad I picked this one up. It is truly a fun and amazing game. Everything works just right. I have only started playing on easy. I can see this game staying on my iPad mini forever, that is how much I am enjoying it. I would never have known this was not made specifically for touch screen as the controls work impeccably. The game did close out on me three time over the course of about 4.5hrs, however the game auto saves and two out of the three times the save was basically where I was at. The other time it was only a little bit back. If you are in to 4x games, space battle games, or just games that are well made and thought out, you should get it. At $6.99 it seems like a steal. Just buy it and enjoy.
Great experience, with maybe a complaint or two about bugs
This is a spectacular game, with great strategic depth ( particularly when assembling your fleet and preparing their ability selections for battle ). Despite some stability bugs I enjoyed this so much I am on my second playthrough, at a higher difficulty level. Speaking of which, make sure to challenge yourself to do the same! You really start to have to plan out each fight around weaknesses and strengths that you might not otherwise have done.
Now a note on stability: a recent update did improve it, but I think a long running game still does slow down over time ( although it looks like it is getting better ). The UI could use a couple more tweaks to be friendly to phones, a good place to start might be adjusting how captain tokens are displayed once you get a large number of them.
Developer Response ,
Good news, the update we just released has fixed the load crashing issue and we've optimized it for lower memory devices as well. Thanks for your patience!
Good game that perhaps I am underrating, but it has some issues on my IPad. It crashes fairly often, and I understand the patch I’m currently downloading should help that. However, my main beef is that the game quest monitor instructs me to do things, and I do them but get no results. Example: I’m told I should upgrade to category 2 spaceships, so I hit the upgrade button in the space station and go to the ship building screen...nope, still only cat 1 ships. Perhaps I am missing something else that needs to be done?
Ok, I’ve edited my review from a 2 to a 5. No more crashes, and as I noted above I was indeed not finding the upgrade that allowed me to construct tier 2 ships. The game is a lot of fun with a lot of strategy for a tablet game! My only remaining criticism relates to the lack of a more comprehensive guide for old guys like me to look up how to do certain things in game.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear about this issue, can you send an email to email@example.com and we'll try to help you get this fixed up.
- Massive Damage, Inc.
- 1.3 GB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016 Massive Damage, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.