** Affinity Designer for iPad supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad (early 2017 onwards). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available for the iPad. Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design or just like creating cool concept art, Affinity Designer will revolutionize how you work.
Everything you would expect from your professional graphic design software that you can just pick up and take wherever you go, totally free from the confines of your desk. Welcome to your new reality.
Built with input from some of the world’s leading designers and based on Apple Design Award-winning technology, Affinity Designer for iPad takes all the power and precision of our outstanding desktop app and converts it into a stunning immersive experience.
Optimised for iPad
• Metal-accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance.
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Designer harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil.
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing.
• Panning and zooming is always live at 120fps.
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments.
• Live pixel and retina view of vector artwork, wireframe view, split screen mode.
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design.
Perfect color and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB and Grayscale color models.
• Full 16-bit per channel editing.
• End-to-end ICC color management.
• Advanced Lanczos 3 image resampling plus Bicubic, Bilinear and Nearest Neighbor methods.
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to.
• Live effects, blend modes, image adjustments, and raster and vector masks for any part of your design.
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviours for the best of both worlds.
• The best pen tool, pencil tool, corner tool, curve editing, geometry operations, and smart shape tools available.
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork. Create your own brushes too.
• Artboards, symbols, constraints and stored assets give the ultimate flexibility for UI and graphic design.
- Support for new iPad Pro.
- Support for new Apple Pencil.
Ratings and Reviews
Affinity Designer equals freedom!
This is powerful!!! Simply put, the program is dope! Having the freedom of vector brushes, thousands of layers and the ability to be on the go is the newfound freedom of the design world. Hopefully they will add the automatic photo to vector feature and a mesh tool for re-shaping. That would be a huge update so don’t really see that one coming. All in all one of the most impressive pieces of software I’ve seen! Dope!!
Good, but pretty laggy
Dear developers, your app is one of the best on the market already, but you have to polish it. Zooming in and out works half of the time at best, and it’s nowhere near as smooth as Procreate for example; color picker is completely broken, it works fine for like 5 minutes on iPad Pro 9.7 and then it’s just solid white color and it doesn’t switch anymore to anything else until you kill the app and launch it again. I mean, it’s kinda basic things, would be great to see them working.
I see a ton of features which is truly great, the potential is definitely there, and overall the app is good, but I’d really wish if you concentrated for like a month on fixing and polishing inconveniences and bugs.
Impossible to sync files
At first I thought I misunderstood Affinity's convoluted distinction between importing and opening files and caching usaved versions locally without saving them. But after watching the available videos by Affinity on the subject, reading over the extensive help documentation and sifting through my settings, I'm certain that file sync simply isn't working between iOS and Mac versions of the app. Even though the files show updated thumbnails after edits in MacOS finder and iOS files, the respective Affinity designer apps on each open a hidden cached version of the file and not the updated file, whether opening or importing the file and regardless of selecting local or iCloud storage in the settings.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the iPad app. If possible could you please make a post about this on our Support Forums found below? https://forum.affinity.serif.com/
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 907.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Serif (Europe) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.