SoundHound∞ - Music Discovery
By SoundHound, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Music Discovery, Identification, & Voice-Controlled player
300M+ downloads, billions of songs discovered.
Hey, what song is that? SoundHound 8 makes it simple to discover music playing around you. Whether you’re in the car or out and about, open the app, hit the big orange SoundHound button, let your phone listen for a few seconds, and we’ll tell you exactly what’s playing! Some folks have called it pure magic, and we tend to agree.
Dude, where’s my app? We know your phone can get cluttered, so we’ve created a few shortcuts to that SoundHound button. Our notification center widget and 3D touch controls make discovering that song even quicker.
Look! No Hands! SoundHound comes equipped with “OK Hound…”, an incredibly powerful way to interact with SoundHound through your voice. “OK Hound…” can help you navigate the app, discover new music and playback songs hands-free. Simply say ‘OK Hound...’ from any screen and say a command!
Hey DJ, turn it up! Discovering new music is only half the fun of SoundHound. We’re music lovers too, so we’ve created an incredible experience for you to relive your discoveries with our music player. Connect your Apple Music or Spotify accounts to listen again, build playlists, explore music across genres, and find new favorites - all with real-time, karaoke-style lyrics through LiveLyrics®. Don’t have an Apple Music or Spotify subscription? No sweat, we have you covered with our free, built-in YouTube player.
This is your music journey. Every song you discover will be kept in your own personal history. Look up where you heard that song on your Music Map. Want to keep all your devices in sync? Be sure to register for a free SoundHound account!
Still curious about SoundHound? Here’s everything you need to know!
• Tap the SoundHound button in the app, in the notification center widget, or via 3D touch on the app icon to discover music playing around you! We’ll let you know everything about the song including title, artist, album, and lyrics!
• Have a song stuck in your head? Press the SoundHound button, sing or hum the tune and we’ll do the rest!
• To add the SoundHound widget to your notification center, swipe right on your iPhone’s lock screen. From there, scroll to the bottom, tap ‘Edit’ and then the ‘+’ next to SoundHound. You’re now ready to go!
• Keep track of all your discoveries in your own personal history
• See the hottest new music across Genre, Global, and Popular charts
• Find out what’s being played near you and around the world with our Music Map
• Songs you discover can be played back for free via our built-in YouTube player
• View lyrics when playing back a song from YouTube
• SoundHound comes with ‘OK Hound…’, an incredibly fast and accurate way to find great music with your voice. Hound is built with natural language understanding, so speak like you would with a friend.
• Simply say ‘OK Hound....’ from any screen or tap the microphone on the play page. Once you see the listening panel, you can follow up with commands including:
• ‘OK Hound...show me my discoveries’
• ‘OK Hound...Show me what I can say’
• ‘OK Hound...what’s that song?’
• ‘OK Hound... Play Hello by Adele’
• ‘OK Hound... Show me lyrics to Castle on the hill’
• ‘OK Hound...Play today’s top songs’’
Add to Spotify Playlist (registration required)
• ‘OK Hound...Add this song to my playlist’
• Build personalized playlists through Apple Music or Spotify (SoundHound account and music subscription required)
• View and interact with real-time, moving lyrics for your songs with LiveLyrics(r)
• Keep all of your discoveries in sync across multiple devices
• Share your music discoveries to Facebook, Twitter, messaging services and email!
Don’t want banner ads? Upgrade to SoundHound∞: https://04ii.app.link/RXaRXypntA
What's New in Version 8.2
Optimized for iPhone X and bug fixes
Ruined with the new update. 8.0.2 Where are the lyrics? I can’t type in what I’m looking for. Voice only? You’re forcing me to speak into my phone. What happens when you’re in a noisy environment? Or want to be respectful of a musician and lock up lyrics? What happens when you’re playing guitar and want to look up lyrics?
Thank you for the 8.1 update & returning the manual search option.
What ever happened to the AppleWatch compatibility/version?? Tend to like this app...lyrics have been a bit sketchy lately, but otherwise I’ve enjoyed it, especially being hearing impaired. If the lyrics get fixed and AppleWatch returns, I’ll be good to go.
I read my previous review where I raved about this app. Now the live lyrics are soooo bad. Not only do they cut off text, but the transitions aren’t smooth. Ugh. This app used to be the best.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 30, 2017
- Version: 8.2
- Size: 75.5 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: SoundHound, Inc.
- © 2015 SoundHound Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.