Note: The game is not full screen on iPhone 5
Also known as Out Of This World™ and released across more than a dozen platforms since its 1991 debut, Another World™ has attained cult status among critics and sophisticated gamers alike for its cinematic effects in the graphics, sound and cut scenes.
- AN IMMERSIVE ADVENTURE WITH UNIQUE STORYTELLING
Another World™ bridges the gap between Cinema and Action Adventure games with a completely new style of fluid, cinematic, storytelling.
Hurtled through space and time by a nuclear experiment gone wrong, you'll need to dodge, outwit, and overcome the host of alien monsters and deadly earthquakes that plague the alien landscape you now call home. Only a perfect blend of logic and skill will get you past the deadly obstacles that lie in wait.
- 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION ESPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR IPHONE & IPAD
• Switch between Original/HD graphics by using 2 fingers at any time
• New intuitive touch controls or classic D-pad
• 3 difficulty modes, Normal (easier than original game), Difficult (Equal to original game) and Very Hard (more difficult than original game)
• 100% remastered Sounds and FX
• Game Center with 13 achievements
• 5 languages support (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- CURIOUS? More info on:
Compatible with iOS 11.
Ratings and Reviews
Decent port but not perfect
Ran across this game on the App Store and remembered playing it on the SNES as a kid. It was incredibly hard back then but I loved the design and story. Seemed ahead of its time. Since I never got far, I figured why not try it again. The controls are bad but I remembered the SNES controls being really hard as well. I used the d-pad config to play and got used to it. I remember the sound being much better in the SNES but I guess it is good enough. Overall, it was a fun game and this time I beat it. Some of the scenarios are not intuitive so you will probably need to get help for them or play the same thing a 100 times to figure it out. It turned out to be a . Games were much harder back then because you had to do the same thing over and over until you got it exactly right and that's how this game is. I gave this 4 stars because it's a good homage to the original but took away a star because of sound and controls.
So I recently purchased an iPhone 5s and an iPad air 2 and discovered that this game on both has a sound issue. When I play it on my iPod 4g there is no issue but on the other two devices certain sounds are played slower than they should be, thus making them sound like slow motion. For instance the beast in the beginning, after he chases you to the vine his growl is slowed down and deeply guttural, and then when you are in the cage, the guard starts shooting up and his voice is off, slowed down, as well as what your partner says when he taps you on the shoulder immediately after breaking free. His voice is not the same at all and he doesn’t even finish saying what he’s supposed to say because it’s so slowed down. the laser shots are completely off, especially the super shot. Essentially the sound is really screwed up. I saved version 1.2 and when i play that on my iPod 4g no sound issue, but no matter what version I play now on my iPhone 5s or iPad 2 the sound is completely screwed up. Really love this game and hope to have the issue resolved soon. Other than that it is a great game
Horrible touchscreen controls, great translation of classic
The touchscreen controls must be fixed. Update the app with a control fix. The touchscreen controls do not work in any sort of acceptably playable manner. Maybe the devs need to make onscreen buttons not an option but the only choice. I'm not sure. Either that or make the touchscreen controls more obvious and user friendly. There's no reason for the character to turn around half the time, yet it will turn backward wth no warning. BUT if you choose buttons for control, it's pretty close to the original.
The look and feel of the app really are true to the original game. The buttons took about a half an hour to get used to them. Once I got used to it, I found that most of the old twists and turns from the game came back to me like riding a bicycle. It was quite a joy to play through the ale again after so many years.
Bravo to the team behind the translation to newer formats. Really well done. Just fix those darned touchscreen controls! :P
- 226 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2017 Eric Chahi, Digital Lounge. Developed and published by DotEmu. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, logos, and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.