The strange feeling you had all day followed you to bed that night.
A sudden crash from the next room wakes you from dreams of magical lands, and sets your heart racing in your chest.
Sitting bolt upright in bed, the strange feeling returns as your eyes adjust to the darkness, focusing on the odd wooden symbols across the mantel of the fireplace. Almost as if something were calling you...
Turning on the lamp, you cautiously get up, moving towards the sound that woke you. This is your uncle's house and though you've been here many times, it suddenly feels very different.
The room is littered with wonderfully strange and interesting artifacts, souvenirs from your uncle's travels, from where he would not say. On the floor lays a small tiled box, broken open. Unfolding the paper nestled within it, you instantly recognize the symbols.
Running back into the bedroom, you examine again the symbols on the paper. They match perfectly those in the woodwork of the mantel, but are arranged differently...
Though your hands are shaking with excitement, you work quickly, rearranging the wooden symbols to match the ones on the paper, hearing them click into place easily one after the other, until the pattern is complete.
Suddenly, beams of golden sunlight burst through the opening in the fireplace, cutting through the darkness in the room. Standing back with a gasp, you look through the opening, eyes wide in awe at the beautiful, magical land from your dream on the other side.
With a deep breath, you step through the opening and take your first steps into another world...
• Beautiful hand-painted graphics that draw you into this mesmerizing adventure!
• Lots of items to collect and puzzles to solve!
• Original soundtrack and sound effects!
• A journal that keeps track of all the symbols and clues that you encounter.
• A dynamic map that shows all of the areas you have explored, as well as your current location.
• A complete hint system built right into the game.
• The Hidden World has been translated into many languages.
• Available for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad!
Ratings and Reviews
Closest I've seen to Myst/Riven
The puzzles are well-designed, with the clues to their solutions being wonderfully balanced--the clues won't blatantly give you the answer, but they're clear enough that you'll be able to tell which clue goes with which puzzle. It probably gave me a total play time of 2-3 hours split across three days.
Delightful, Great Graphics, Superb Puzzles
This game has the best of adventure game features. Great graphics, a wide variety of puzzles, interesting story, well designed screens, and easy game play. The game interface is one of the best. I enjoyed playing this game immensely. My thanks to the Fire Maple team for such a good game.
I absolutely loved this game. If you're a fan of mystery or fantasy of any sort, or just like following a story line, you should totally try this app out. The graphics are incredible and the story is so fun to follow. Fire Maple Games are by far my favourite on the App Store.
- Joe Kauffman
- 109.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Joe Kauffman
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.