GoCodeEditor is a Code Editor optimized for fast opening and editing local and remote files (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, FTP, SFTP/SSH) on your iOS Device.
• Sublime like Code-Editor!
• Universal App (use it on your iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch)
• iPhone X (s/s Max) support
• Full iPad Pro support (including smart keyboard support, shortcuts, split-screen multitasking)
• NEW! Multi-caret Editing
• NEW! Siri Shortcuts
- create newfile / start shell / connect to shell / preview
- more soon...
• Drag & Drop Support
- Support for Drag & Drop files from the Files App
- Support for Drag & Drop files / repos and folders from Working Copy App
- Support for Dragging local files from GoCoEdit to other Apps
• Compatible with Apple Watch
Start a ssh-shell from your wrist right now!
Run your self defined scripts with one tap.
• Extra keybar with swipe functions and trackball to precisely move the cursor and select text
• Syntax highlighting
for many coding languages like:
• Some comfort features: code hinting, auto indent, auto close brackets, line wrapping, smart indent, tag and bracket matching, find by regular expression, replace, replace all, symbolic/function search for many syntax modes
• Quick CMD-mode (keep your hands on the On-Screen-Keyboard)
- p.e. press cmd+c, cmd+v to copy and paste selected text
- over 15 shortcuts supported
• Different themes ( include solarized, monokai and many more ) and font-sizes
• Import / export / open files from icloud drive and other file providers
• Open entire folders or repositories from the Git client Working Copy or the Files App using the iOS document picker
- Custom Syntax Modes -- create your own Syntax highlighting modes
now you can write own modes and use it for your own file types
- Custom Themes -- create your own editor themes
- Snippets -- use short fragments of text again and again
( with filed and placeholders support )
( in iPad version resizeable for preview iPad or iPhone layouts )
• Markdown Preview & HTML Export
• Connect to your servers via SFTP, FTP, DRIVE, ONEDRIVE or DROPBOX
( "OneDrive for Business" in not supported at this moment - will be available soon )
• NEW! File has changed detection
( GCE is now able to detect external file changes on local and remote files )
• Upload and Download files/folders or edit files directly on your server/dropbox/drive/onedrive without download
• Very fast reconnect and recover of open files after restart
• Edit your files directly on your server without download.
• Integrated Shell (ssh) to perform background tasks like a Grunt, Gulp, npm or another shell job
( type direct or define scripts and run it with a single tap )
• Supporting iOS10, iOS11 features like textselection by cursor, Splitview, Slide-Over and Drag & Drop
• 3D Touch support
- Show/move cursor by 3D touch the keyboard
- Quick Actions (new file, start shell, connect shell to last server, show preview of last file)
• External/Bluetooth keyboard support
( all iOS shot-cut keys are supported + lots of shortcuts available )
If you want to support the project and increase the development speed become a patreon.
• • • NEW in GoCoEdit 14.1-14.2 • • •
• Added Apple Pencil 2 double-tap support for toggling a selection
• Added support for the new iPad lineup
• Smart Indent improvements
• Keep CMD/Find-Mode on toggle open files
• Added CMD+^ as Escape key
• Updated themes and syntax modes
• Fixed a search and replace bug
• Fixed some other tiny bugs
• • • NEW in GoCoEdit 14 • • •
• Support for iOS 12 and the new iPhone X(s/s Max) added
• Siri Shortcuts added
- newfile/show shell/connect shell/preview
- more soon...
• Shortcuts App support added
• NEW! Syntax modes
- VUE (js)
• Updated Syntax modes
• Multi-Caret editing - updated smart select
- Create multiple cursors and edit it together
• Fixed Google drive hiding some files (b)
• Changed Passcode handling!
- Please reenable Passcode to keep using it
• Some UI improvements
• Many smaller bugfixes
Any improvement ideas or issues? Please, drop me a mail. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you like GoCoEdit please leave a short review on the AppStore.
Thank you for reading :)
Ratings and Reviews
Great Development App that has many Features
Loving this app, thanks again for the update, I will use the js console a lot!
Great price and features
For the price and feature set, this app is worth it.
My only complaint is aesthetic and minor: I find the font used in the majority of the UI (menus, labels, descriptions, etc.) to give off a very “amateur” look and feel. It’s like if were to have the option of writing this review in Comic Sans font. You would probably take me less seriously.
A feature request I have is to add support for importing/ cloning a git repo given the HTTPS url (from GitHub, Gitlabs, etc.)
Wait to buy!
Love the design of this app. However, I find myself always force closing and reopening trying to delete a folder off my ftp. If I don’t force close it will force close itself. ALSO, you cannot delete a folder that has files. You literally have to delete each file then the folder. Would recommend if it wasn’t limited like this but I’d say please don’t charge 8.99 for an app that doesn’t offer a way to delete a whole folder.
And doesn’t always respond to a click and KEEPS FREEZING!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.