No more writer's block, just open the app to write and follow the suggestions.
Prompts uses a creative, intelligent, patent-pending AI to help you write!
Whenever you sit down to write, Prompts suggests a few words to get you started. And as you write, if you ever get stuck, Prompts is there to give you advice on how to keep going.
The app even reminds you to write a little every day, and shows you progress on your writing goals as you go.
"Getting stuck with writer's block is a huge pain. Prompts provides inspiration." - Mashable
More than 300,000 unique writing starting lines and creative writing prompts to inspire you and give you ideas for creative writing. Whether it's poetry writing, journal writing, storytelling, or anything else! All using a patented technology.
Prompts is great for students in the classroom, amateur writers, or professionals who want to free write more often.
** Part of the Apple Education program, so teachers and schools get a discount when buying this app! **
• Prompts gets you writing, even when you don't know where to start
• More than 300,000 unique starting lines and creative prompts like that of Brian Eno
• Set a custom, daily writing goal and use the app to hit it
• Backup and sync your writing to iCloud
• View custom writing stats like how often you write, how long you write, and more
• Set daily writing reminders to keep yourself motivated
• Categorize your writing with custom, color-coded tags
• Auto-save so you never lose a word of writing
• Write in either landscape or portrait view, on your iPhone or iPad
• Adjustable font size and styling
• Share your writing by email, Twitter, or Facebook, and more
Why use Prompts for creativity writing?
• Prompts is full of unique writing prompts. Feeling stuck or creatively blocked? Press the lightning bolt at any time and you'll be presented with a prompt to help inspire you.
• Even if you don't know where to start writing, just open the app and press the plus button to get a random and totally unique idea in the form of a starting line. There are hundreds of completely original ideas to start from.
• On the bus, in the break room, anywhere you are, Prompts helps you become a better writer and build a writing habit with just a few minutes a day.
• Share your writing by email, Twitter, Facebook, Evernote, or Day One
Write full screen and swipe down to bring the menu back into view. It's a great way to write without distractions, using as much of the screen as possible!
Set daily reminders to keep your writing habits healthy, bookmark the projects you're working on, and even monitor your writing stats to see which days and times you're at your best. Adjust font style and size to match your writing style, whatever style that is for you.
Whether you want to write more just for fun or if you write for a profession, you are going to love how Prompts helps you write.
Prompts is perfect for writers, bloggers, journalists, educators and students (college or kids), copywriters, marketers, or anyone who just likes to write.
Thanks for using Prompts.
In this update there are some fixes and minor improvements, including fixing a bug in stats tracking.
Ratings and Reviews
I Enjoy This App
I can see where it may be useful for writers block but the random suggestions it throws out is also a great way to get your brain moving and creating in general, plus, it's fun and at times informative and amusing when you reread the stuff you come up with. When you have a random prompt, in my opinion it gets your brain moving and sometimes totally off topic but, if have other projects to write since they are on your mind sometimes, you come up with the starting or the main idea you can rework at a later date and most of the work is already complete except for touch ups and making applicable to the topic, whatever it may be. I don’t use it to journal but those that may have a hard time getting their feelings out may find it useful as well.
I can’t believe I didn’t find this app years ago! I’ve been using it for three days and the prompts really cater to how I write and gets my brain jogging. However, the reviews had me a little skeptical about losing all of my work :(. So I just downloaded Google Drive and copied and pasted everything there in a document so I know my writing is truly saved. I think something in future development should be able to sync to something like Dropbox or Google Drive if you’re able to work with them. Thank you!
A Good Idea But Lacks Follow-Through
I was really excited for this app. While it did get me writing consistently for about two weeks, a glitch caused the app to crash and I lost all of my work. An update was released that fixed the crashing issue, but when I tried to contact support to see if I could get my lost files back, I received no response. This was a few months ago. Thankfully, I backed up my files; otherwise, I would’ve been out of luck. I expected more from this app, particularly because I paid for it. Overall, it’s fine for small things, but I wouldn’t trust it for big projects because I lost some of my work.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.