Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Don’t you wish you had a trusty pal to tell you all about the coolest free apps, the best Apple news, and answer every question about your iDevice, 24 hours a day? A friend who really caters to your personal tastes? AppAdvice IS that friend: Providing the best iOS news, tips, & apps — and we’ll never charge you a dime! Heck, we’re you’re iOS BFF!
The new, fully redesigned, reimagined, customized AppAdvice app features a dedicated team of over 20 AppAdvice.com iOS journalists who’ve been covering apps since 2008. That means we’ve got the long-term insight that both beginners and power users need to get the most out of their iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches, and Apple TVs.
***Cool Feature Alert: Every time we talk about an app in an article, instead of static screenshots, we’ll be using inline videos showing the app in action. We call these new videos “AppPlays.” AppPlays don’t interrupt your experience with an obtrusive, content-blocking video, however. Instead, they fit in nicely alongside that content, efficiently auto-playing as you scroll past and making it really clear if the app in question is up your alley or not.***
What Else Will You Find In The AppAdvice App?
* News: Everyday expect to find all the stories that will keep you up-to-date on the world of Apple and the App Store
* Tips: We have dozens of experts pushing their iDevices to the max so we can help you get more out of yours
* Reviews: Over 20,000 detailed reviews of the top apps, new ones added daily.
* Guides: Custom tailored advice based on your preferences to accomplish any task you can think of with your iDevice.
* Deals: Get the best prices and find out how to get them free!
** Who Is AppAdvice**
We’re a team of iOS enthusiasts who are passionate about Apple devices and apps that make them more powerful. The entire company is solely focused on Apple & their products. We’ve been cover everything iOS related and looking for the best ways to use Apple devices since the first day of the App Store in July 2008. You can find our complete archive of work on AppAdvice.com and our very best content is found inside of this app.
If you love your iDevice, you'll love the AppAdvice app, as it will help you rediscover it day after day.
What's New in Version 5.1.3
* All New Design! App 100% Rewritten for iOS 10
* News,Tips, Reviews, & Apps Personalized Based on Use
* AppPlays: All Screenshots of apps have been replaced by inline video of the app in action
* New 'Tips' Section: An article each week focused on solving a real problem with your device.
* No more push notifications unless you specifically ask for them.
We thank all our loyal readers who have supported us since 2008! We appreciate your devotion and hope this app is everything you hope it will be. Please do send us suggestions at email@example.com
Better, but still big bugs
The comments section is definitely better than the last version... except when it doesn't work at all.
Since these guys don't always have their facts straight, it would be nice to have a place to set things straight for other readers. I just bought Sony Bluetooth headphones based on a recommendation. The article said they come with "a carrying case for when you're on the go." In fact, they don't. I should have read Amazon's description for myself, but then why are we reading App Advice if we have to verify everything they write?
Very Nice Upgrade!
I wondered what happened to the old AppAdvice. It stopped working reliably, and then became mostly unusable. I was disappointed as it was an app I checked every day!
Your new version, including Apps Gone Free, is far better than the old version! Easy to use, smooth, easy to use interface...each time I use it I find new features!
Unless I've missed it, my only suggestion for an upgrade would be a "Search" field. We'll done!
Developers addressing concerns
1) Solid, one-stop shopping for all things Apple. Nice collection of original content and content aggregated from other tech sites. My favorite Apple tech site.
2) The app now supports Dynamic Type which allows for MUCH more comfortable reading.
3) The app's UI is now simple, clean, and very intuitive to use. It's a joy. The initial iteration of the UI was a busy and chaotic mess. Kudos to the developers for addressing this!
1) The new app icon is generic to a fault. Very hard to pick out on my Home Screen. The stylized "A" icon with deep, bright sky blue surround, that is used on the current App Advice website, is a design triumph and I am gobsmacked as to why the developers are not using it for this app's icon.
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 22, 2016
- Version: 5.1.3
- Size: 27.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: App Advice
- © 2008 App Advice LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.