Apparel by Normals
By Cedric Flazinski
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Apparel by Normals app is part of an exploration in digital fashion. Using augmented reality, it offers you a unique chance to see your own online data be turned into an 'Apparel', an interactive, part-digital, and part-physical piece of clothing. An apparel acts as a personal infographic, and will change as you do on social networks.
This version of Apparel by Normals is conceived as an interactive installation visible at various exhibitions. It is best experienced if you see the piece of clothing in real life, but you can also view it on a test target, or without augmented reality by viewing and interacting with its 3D model.
Check http://apparel.normalfutu.re to see where Apparel is currently exhibited.
Go to http://try.apparel.normalfutu.re/ to try the app on a virtual model, or to download and print an augmented reality target.
- parametric geometry bending
- connection to Twitter (other social networks available soon)
- 3 templates to play with
- voice activated mesh deformations
- front and back recognition
- Point your device's camera at the piece or at a test target to see the augmented model appear.
- Press the "mood" buttons to see the 3D model react to your moods in real time.
- Press the "+" button to see options.
- In the options menu, you may connect your own social media profile by simply pressing "connect" and following the on-screen instructions, or choose between three templates.
- The "AR on/off" switch allows you to view the model either over a target, using your camera, or to disable the camera and simply see and manipulate the 3D model.
- If "AR" is set to "off", touch and drag the screen to rotate the 3D model. Double-tap to reset the view.
The team behind Apparel by Normals doesn't store any of your data on remote servers or anywhere other than your device. By using Twitter's or Facebook's official APIs the app only stores data (which you have made public) locally, on your own device, and uses it to generate a 3D model.
For questions or issues with the app contact email@example.com
The "A P P A R E L" project was developed with the support of the French National Center of Cinematography (CNC-DICRéAM).
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Corrected display issues for iPhone 6 plus and 6s plus.