AppControls makes it easy to quickly create high-quality custom controls for your iOS apps, Mac apps and for the web.
• Create application controls with pixel-perfect precision
• Import sample designs to quickly get you started
• Custom color gradients with up to 8 color-stops
• Save designs as presets
• Specify which corners should be rounded
• Specify separate horizontal and vertical margins
• Include an external image
Mobile and Desktop
• Automatically render high-resolution “@2x” images for use on Retina displays
• Save designs as a single image, 3-part image or 9-part image for flexible scaling
• Generate CSS for use in an external file or as an inline style element
• Specific CSS for WebKit and Mozilla
• Combine up to 3 presets in a single file for use as a rollover image
• Added support for the new Retina display
• Several improvements and bug-fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Nice, but a little expensive
Worked well, functionality a little limited for its price. Or maybe that's why it's price is what it is. Simplicity is hard.
Biggest pain is the one-way street that is saving the image. Don't like what you did? Better hope that you saved it as a "preset." Otherwise, you will be recreating it if you have moved on to another control. Perhaps better would be the save actually saving the working format, and export functionality to get the output you want. That certainly seems more intuitive to me.
Otherwise, it did what it said it would. I created four images for custom buttons in less than an hour, which is far faster than I would have been in GIMP (of course, I don't know GIMP very well)...
Brilliant but overpriced.
This app is a godsend for those developers who aren't designers and don't have the money to hire one. It would take me a whole day to design a button that didn't look half as good as a button made by AppControls, now I can design a whole set of buttons in under 30 minutes. It is however, a bit overpriced. I would have bought this faster had it been $10 or even $15. If you aren't sure, try out the demo on their website.
UPDATE: Actually, the presets are a bit buggy, they seem to confuse themselves. Other than that, its still a great app.
Very well done
Impressive. Controls are straightforward, self explanatory. Output is excellent. Capability to do foreground and background hover for CSS would be good. Would like to see option for Text and Image Options and General Options pages visible at same time (instead of button to bounce back and forth-- it's a workflow thing). If you do buttons and dig into CSS, it's paid for the first day or so.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.