By Reggie Ashworth
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
◉◉◉ Note ◉◉◉
The user must move some files that are found by AppDelete Lite to the trash manually. For further information, a Tutorial, and to compare the differences between AppDelete Lite and AppDelete please visit the Reggie Ashworth Web Site (link on the right).
AppDelete Lite is a special Mac App Store version of the popular uninstaller AppDelete. AppDelete Lite will help remove not only Applications but also Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, and Screensavers along with their associated files. Without AppDelete Lite these associated items will be left behind to take up space and potentially cause issues. For a proper uninstall don't just delete but be sure to use AppDelete Lite!
You can drag any item that can be uninstalled onto AppDelete Lite: Applications, Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, Screensavers, etc. You can also activate AppDelete in many ways: Dragging items onto main window, onto dock icon, selecting in menu, throwing items in the trash, dragging from Launchpad, etc. When the preview screen appears you can uncheck any items you would like to exclude. You also have several choices: Delete the items, log only the items, or archive (copy) the items to a .zip file for safekeeping or reinstall at a later date. The items you delete will be moved to the trash and arranged in a folder so that you can see exactly what was deleted and you know exactly where it came from. The items will not be removed from your computer until you empty them from your trash. And items that are password protected can be manually moved to the trash quickly by clicking on the links in the AppDelete Lite Info panel and revealing them in Finder.
There are various options to make your AppDelete Lite experience complete: Quick search panels to help choose items for deletion, various filters to help you search by date/size or even clean up old PPC apps, an Orphans feature to search for and delete orphaned files, Trash Monitoring so that simply throwing an app in the trash will activate AppDelete, and more...Try it today!
* Optimized for Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite (Snow Leopard compatible)
* Helps delete Apps, Widgets, Preference Panes, Plugins, Screensavers, or anything that can be uninstalled and their associated items
* Fourteen included languages (English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, and Swedish)
* 64-bit performance
* Finds associated items that are visible, invisible, or hidden automatically
* Quick panels with filtering in the menu (Name, Size, Kind, Creation Date, Last Used Date)
* Pathnames in AppDelete Lite Info panel are clickable and will Reveal in Finder
* Icons in AppDelete Lite Info panel are clickable and will show Finder Get Info panel
* Quick panels have a search field to find items fast
* Can drop folders onto AppDelete to find items inside for deletion
* Detects Apps and other items placed in trash
* Orphans feature to find and remove "orphaned" files
* Archive feature for safekeeping and transferring items to another Mac
* Log to record all activity
* Preference to protect Default apps
* And more...
What's New in Version 3.2.10
* Miscellaneous bug fixes for OS 10.9 Mavericks
* Other general optimizations
It doesn’t work for me
Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but when I want to delete something, I can’t do it. I drag the “Audacity" icon from the dock onto the AppDeleteLite screen but it won’t stay there. It just bounces right back to the dock. If I should be doing something else, please let me know.
ADDITIONAL: I kept coming back to AppDeleteLite. I thought I must be doing something wrong. Finally, though, I relized that the problem was with this app, not with me. I just got tired of the many excuses it kept giving me for not deleting ALL of Audacity. I then tried the “No Trash” app. It didn’t do the job, either. Finally, I found “FileShredder,” and I had to go no futher. No excuses. No failures. It just did the job. It deleted things that I wanted to delete. So, let me recommend “FileShredder” for deleting things you no longer want.
Time saver and safe
Very good to unistall app for complete delete all files and chache…. The app show you where are the files and give you the oportunit of delete it or not - the best…! I know you can do it without this app, but this app save your time give you the list of files and folders connect to the app you want to unistall.
Great APP for fully deleting a program/app on a mac.
Great APP!!! I had a pesky little program that wouldnt fully delete itself by just putting the icon into the trash. I have been scratching my head for over 2 weeks on how to delete it, then I ran across this pogram. AppDelete Lite worked perfect and completely got rid of my troublesome app.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 16, 2014
- Version: 3.2.10
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Reggie Ashworth
- © 2006-2014 Reggie Ashworth
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later