The Appen Mobile Recorder (AMR) is a digital recording app designed and developed by Appen to be used for speech recordings.
• You will not be able to use this app to make recordings for your own use.
• The recorded data will be sent to Appen directly, and used for the development of voice recognition/synthesiser products.
• To use this app for recordings, you will need to be given a PIN and the task details.
• If you're just stumbling upon this app and would like to participate, you can sign up with an AppenOnline account (https://appenonline.appen.com.au/register). When Appen is looking for someone to provide speech data in your language, we may contact you.
• If you've already been provided with a PIN, all you need to do is download the app and enter your email address and PIN. You can then start recording!
If you would like to know more about our work, please visit http://appen.com/
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
My 11 yr old son & I signed up for a speech project. He spent hours recording 1103 phrases to be completely ignored and not paid the $100 as promised in the contracts. I have emailed 3 times with no response as no number is available. It’s bad enough to scam adults like I recently discovered but when you do that to a child it’s disgusting. I thought my research showed a trust worth company but recently discovered that the good reviews are not real, we will see if this one actually is kept. Do not waste your time or energy.
No longer connects
App no longer works on the latest version of iOS. (12.2.5) All I get is a black screen with a Network Server Error stating an Internet connection is required, which I have. Error persists on WiFi as well as on LTE.
this app is great! recorded 1030 phrases for $100. people who say this doesn’t work are either stupid or they did it wrong.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.