Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Apple Configurator makes it easy for anyone to mass configure and deploy iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in a school, business, or institution.
Three simple workflows let you prepare new iOS devices for immediate distribution, supervise devices that need to maintain a standard configuration, and assign devices to users. Quickly update your devices simultaneously to the latest version of iOS, configure settings, and install apps and data for your students, employees, or patrons.
Apple Configurator can be used by larger organizations and businesses to set up new devices, install enterprise apps, and enroll each device with a Mobile Device Management solution for remote management by an IT administrator. It is perfect for the classroom or student lab where devices need to be quickly refreshed and kept up to date with the correct settings, approved policies, apps and data. Apple Configurator can also be used to personalize devices with data and documents for specific users.
• Configure multiple devices simultaneously
• Update devices to the latest version of iOS
• Create and restore a backup of settings and app data from one device to other devices
• Import apps into Apple Configurator and sync them to new devices*
• Use the built-in editor to create and install iOS configuration profiles
• Enroll devices with your Mobile Device Management solution for remote management
• Organize supervised devices into custom groups
• Automatically apply common configurations to supervised devices
• Quickly reapply a configuration to a supervised device and remove the previous user’s data
• Import apps into Apple Configurator and sync them to supervised devices*
• Define and apply common or sequential names to all devices
• Restrict supervised devices from syncing with other computers
• Add users and groups manually or autopopulate via Open Directory or Active Directory
• Check out a device to a user and restore the user’s settings and data on that device
• Check in a device from a user and and back up the data for later use, possibly on a different device
• Apply custom text, wallpaper, or the user’s picture to a device’s Lock screen
• Import and export documents between your Mac and Apple Configurator
• Sync documents between assigned devices and Apple Configurator
*Installing paid apps from the App Store requires redemption codes from the Volume Purchase Program for Education or Business. The Volume Purchase Program is not available in all regions.
What's New in Version 1.5
Apple Configurator 1.5 contains improvements and bug fixes including:
• Enroll both unsupervised and supervised devices in MDM using enrollment URLs
• Integration with new Bretford PowerSync+ Carts and Stations to report progress and status and display physical port numbers
• Support for a new iOS setting to require a passcode for initial AirPlay connection
I have a cart of thirty iPads that I have to deploy and get working - NOW!
Okay, Great - so I can install all of these cool programs - and our RIDICULOUS Wi-Fi password - all at once just by clicking Prepare?
Wait - I have to turn off "Find My iPad" before I can use this - and I can’t really sneak it back in with a restore either?
I like that I can deploy, but I don’t like that I can’t keep track of the iPads that I’m in charge of.
I like the utility - it’s quite handy - maybe I’m missing something - I hope that I am…
Waiting eagerly for an update!
Cannot Sync with iPad that has Passcode
It is unacceptable that you can no longer remove a passcode from a supervised iPad. Our only option is to wipe the device if the user does not know their passcode and the iPad cannot connect to our MDM server, which happens more often that you would think! The user then loses all apps and data. Unacceptable.
After installing this Configurator version 1.5 over 1.4.3, we are unable to open Configurator. The error message that states the library can not be found. Since this Mac is supervising 200 iPads, it’s a big deal. The Mac is running Mavericks 10.9.2.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 10, 2014
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 24.0 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2012-2013 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later